1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Letter to My Younger Self

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bulbul, Oct 28, 2018.

1. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I turned 30 years old this year, I can't claim it was a "happy birthday", it's hard to reach this milestone in life without looking back and reflecting on the years that have gone by, all the mistakes, regrets and lost opportunities. If only the wheels of time can go back! Unfortunately, that's not how the world works, the only thing we can do is learn from our mistakes and pass on our wisdom to someone else. But if I could talk to my teen self, I would probably say this:

1. Don't postpone your dreams and desires, time goes by before you even know it.
    2. Pretending that everything is ok when they are not will only make them worse.
    3. If you want to do something but you are afraid, do it anyway.
    4. The best memories that you will have are from your childhood + teens, so make lots of happy ones, and make them count.
    5. Take advice only from people who are smarter than you, but don't forget your own.
    6. Learn how to play a musical instrument.
    7. Make good use of your spare time, because you won't have much of it when you get older.
    8. Take as much time as you can before you make a decision that will shape the rest of your life.
    9. It's the little things that matter the most.
    10. When someone special comes into your life, grab on to them with everything you've got.
    11. Spend as much time as you can with your parents.
    12. It's not true that your skin will clear up on its own .
    13. If your heart tells you that you're going to regret something, then you probably will.

I hope others can make use of this.

2. monsterboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Very kind advice. I wonder what you'd say to yourself another 30 years from now.