1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A follow-up to my previous question.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Naos210, May 21, 2017.

1. Naos210

So, my previous question about asking someone out..

And well... despite the encouragement, I did not. I was going to but... me and the girl in question have become much closer friends in the past week or so. We've went out during lunch (with a friend of hers), and hell, we were even kinda hanging out at 10 in the evening (again, with a friend). It's interesting, considering we didn't talk much prior. Very casual conversation here and there. And... I'm more happy now than I think I ever was in my entire high school experience. Most of my friends weren't actual friends. This feels far more genuine and we get along well. I was going to say I couldn't explain why, but I guess I did. It's odd how just asking how someone is doing, and just taking a small interest in them can get me to this point, instead of being the socially-awkward introvert who, would have probably stuttered at trying to talk.

Here's the thing. School ends on the 25th, and I should be seeing her last on the 27th for graduation. So, I guess I shouldn't fear losing this friendship over this, but I do. What I think is a bit telling is what she wrote in my yearbook. It said the generic stuff like: "you're are amazing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, etc."

But my main part that intrigued me was: "If you want something, reach out and grab it. But don't forget, you must put work in to get it." And while that could be referring to my terrible grade status (if I do graduate, I'd have less than a 2.0 grade-point average), I was wondering if I could take that advice and if I want her, reach out (sounded a lot less awkward at first thought). Maybe? I don't know. I've just been so happy these past couple of days, but I know that can go away in no time at all, and it definitely will if I don't take action in some fashion (because I've almost lost all people I've made connections with during school). I don't want to lose my happiness, but I do know it's almost inevitable at this point. I would be fine with this staying platonic if I had some way to keep in touch.

So... what do I do?

#1 Naos210, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017