1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News A Far-Right Moms Group Is Terrorizing Schools in the Name of Protecting Kids

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mnguy, Apr 27, 2023.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy3gnq/what-is-moms-for-liberty

I read most of this heartbreaking story of people who think they know how to be good parents. It only took two suicide attempts for the one to finally come around and learn you have to communicate, educate, understand and do what the child needs to develop into their authentic self. Also, of course they have a misleading name, claiming they are for liberty when it's quite the opposite. Always lies and deceit with these folks so spread the word.

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is so sick and degusting

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    True so spread that link on your social media and texts. Probably a lot of the groups in Ohio trying to confuse people with their lies. For some reason though, many people would rather believe them than us and what professionals say. They get all upset thinking you're calling them dumb. No, just trying to help them get the facts, but they don't like the sound of that either, so for some it takes losing their own child to wake the F up and believe in reality. Same situation happens to a neighbor's child and they would say it was bad parenting and not enough church. They are the "Karens" of the world, dumb as rocks, but think they know it all. It's the Dunning-Kruger effect, I think, but maybe I'm suffering from it lol!

4. Ntina21

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So much hate spread without any reason!! And even more disgusting that this is coming from mothers!!

5. Milquetoast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The hate is not unique to "right wing" folks. It is a culture...both "sides" are guilty... that eschews reason and rational debate in favor of hate and name calling yep, terms like "homophobe" are hate as well

6. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry - this sort of equivocation is not only naive but dangerous. It sounds like alarmingly like Trump's 'very fine people on both sides' comment after the Charlottesville fascist rally.

Quite frankly I - or any other trans person - cannot indulge in 'rational debate' with anyone who refuses to acknowledge my lived existence or my rights to respect and equality under the law.

Beth

7. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me reading that article like: [​IMG]

I'm not gonna lie, reading that article was hard. Especially the first story about the mom and her son. It shouldn't have taken her son trying to gank himself twice for her to realize that Mom's For Liberty was a fucked up group. And that they were trying to indoctrinate her into their fucked up cult. Honestly, my heart goes out to this boy. I hope his mental health is in a better place.

I was in a similar situation (although none of my parents were trying to be indoctrinated into far-right hate groups) where I felt alone as hell and I contemplated taking my own life because my dad didn't accept me as trans at first...and it was hard to deal with the deadnaming and misgendering and overall living with my dad for those few years wasn't the best for my mental health as I felt like I was thrown into one bad situation from another...(being homeless).

While my situation wasn't the same as this boy's, I know what it is like to grow up feeling like you're not valid, worthy or that you or your feelings matter. I don't have the correct words to explain it correctly. Point is...I can relate a little and empathize with him somewhat. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Anyways, Mom's For Liberty sounds like a fucking group hell bent on sowing the seeds of destruction, fear, and hate. They don't actually give a shit about protecting kids as they claim. They want to make LGBTQ+ students' lives a living hell as well as that for minorities across the board. They're no better than fucking nazis in my opinion. They're dangerous...and should be fought against if possible. It was hard to hear about their targeted attacks against that one Jennifer lady and her kids...her kids are now afraid to go outside because of these bastards. I'm sorry but that's not right. I'm so sick of the hateful right and the GOP as a whole. They can all go bite a big one for all I give a crap. So tired of their hateful asses! This is why we have to stay together and fight back against their bullshit!
    [​IMG]

#7 Ushiromiya Red, May 22, 2023
    Last edited: May 22, 2023
  8. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not the same or even close so please stop saying that, too many people don't understand the context you might be trying for. Homophobe is more like anger and calling out our unjust treatment, which isn't the same as hate. If some of us do feel hateful toward our oppressors, well, that's a response to the unjust treatment. We aren't going out of our way to hurt others and make their lives harder like they are. It's totally different.

9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I pray to God my family never hears of this group. I hope my bio sister would know in her heart that this is wrong and not join (especially because she is a teacher and mom) if she ever did, but I fear my mom would simply get sucked into its vortex. It seems Vice is one of the few out here fighting the good fight with honest reporting on these things, but they've left out another media outlet that seems to be more influential in conservative circles (that I have seen anyway)- Newsmax. If you thought Fox was bad, then you'd better prepare for Newsmax in my opinion. They really hate trans people and would love organizations like Moms for "Liberty". Some of this is starting to resemble Nazi Germany in their tactics, but I think this is a bit more coordinated. I hope this country as a whole can see through this mire and toxic smog soon, but I grow warier by the day...

10. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bingo, what a novel way to raise children, right?

Yup right up there with gays are pedophiles when indeed the opposite is true. It's straight priests, coaches & other hetro's doing the raping.

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  12. Beezy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^^^ True that. The more that you think that your side can never do wrong the greater the possibility is that tyranny could stem from your side.

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No one thinks we do no wrong. Do you have any examples you'd like to discuss? Our side is for all people to live authentically w/o fear of assault or death. That should be what everyone wants so why is that even a side to be on?

14. Beezy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will give you two examples:

1. You have to be very careful when insisting that you know better than parents how their kids should be raised. I have children. I am homosexual. The mother of my children has a gay sibling. If being gay has any genetic roots at all I'd have to think that my genetic offspring could have an increased likelihood of becoming gay or lesbian. I don't want any well intentioned but ill informed teacher or school administrator to have the unilateral ability to determine whether my child is homosexual (like dad), gender dysphoric because he likes boys or she likes girls, or even heterosexual ( not a big fan of the word straight bc that implies that we're crooked, lol). That's not trans-phobic! Just stay the "eff" out of my business with my kids. I'm sure that hetero people feel the same way and I give them that freedom. It is not for us to compel people to live against their will just as it's not up to others to compel me to live a certain way.

2. The NCAA swimmer, Riley Gaines, is speaking out in favor of limiting female sports to those that share "XX" chromosomes in the 23rd pair. I'm not going to debate the position. As an athlete involved in the matter she has every right to express whatever she considers the merits of her argument whether others agree with her or not. She has been literally held in a room for safety, been threatened with violence, and recently physically assaulted by load angry trans totalitarians. Again, whether right or wrong, it doesn't matter what her position is. She should have the freedom to express it without being shut down or being physically attacked. Try holding your partner's hand on the streets of Tehran as see how rapidly you appreciate freedom of expression.

15. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Since when has any teacher or school administrator in the US, or UK, had that power? For that matter, since when has any parent had that power? It is decision that rests entirely with the child in question.

As for your second example, anyone who threatens violence or physically assaults someone who disagrees with them is emphatically not on 'our side'.

But the actions of those idiots does not undermine the argument for trans participation in sport.

Beth

16. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it odd that anyone who had struggled to overcome their homosexuality despite living in a culture that advocates heterosexuality at every turn would even think this is possible. I know I grew up in Utah and my schools and my church and even my parents pretty consistently tried to make me straight and it didn't work. The other thing I know is that because I looked out at my future and couldn't see a way forward as myself, I attempted suicide my senior year in high school. Now, hopefully it would be much more difficult in most places to grow up unaware that gay people existed, like I did fifty years ago in Utah, but frankly that seems to be what the right in this country would like, and I've seen firsthand how dangerous that can be for children. As is often said, we don't want your straight kids to be gay, we just want your gay (and trans) kids to survive. I almost didn't and it pains me to think of all the kids who don't make. Also, I think it's downright strange to frame this whole thing as respect for parent's wishes given that the laws I'm sure we're talking about literally propose taking children away from parents who disagree with the state on this matter.

17. Beezy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My dear Brother, We have all endured our share of pain. I have exposed just a very miniscule amount of my past struggles on various forums here at Empty Closets. What we as a people group need to do is to extend grace to those around us rather to enter into hand to hand combat with anyone who looks at us. I was stuck up against a brick wall as a kid and had to hold Coke cans in my hands while the straight kids virtually stoned me as they were supposedly trying to hit the cans. Not to be hyperbolic but that gives me images to Nazi Germany. That's just the tip of the iceberg. You just get to the point that you have to let it go or live constantly miserable. If any of my kids or grandkids come out they will never face the environment of the past, at least in this country. Being gay no longer the risk of physical attack that it once was and the trans community (which is not the same as the gay and lesbian community in case you haven't noticed) has made enormous progress.

18. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, progress that is being rolled back by right wing governments in US states, the UK and indeed all over the world.

If you're in any doubt have a look back at the threads on this LGTB News section of EC...

Beth

19. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's hard to think about how states are rolling back trans rights that we had before- or if they haven't succeeded, that they attempted to roll back. It's disturbing. I unfortunately live in one. It's reasons like this, and groups like that, that play into why I'm still closeted. I'm not in the closet by choice- I'm there by fear and force. This cult (yes I'm sure that's what it is) needs to stop- it's affecting innocent LGBTQ+ people. It takes a lot to make me feel angry, but that's what this does to me. I might just have to shut out the news section a while, I gotta go calm down.

20. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are you talking about?

As a parent, what have you done to educate yourself how to do it right, for what your child really needs to be their true self, with high self-esteem and respect for all of us under the rainbow?