1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A blessing and a curse

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Senpai25, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For as long as I have started to question my gender identity, I have found support from a number of people in my life. Be it here on EC, at work, where I volunteer, or among my friends, I have support from many people. However, my family is less then understanding. I have talked to my parents in particular about the subject and they have never taken me seriously. When we move from my home state of Tennessee up north, things will likely get better. There will be complications though.

I intend to stay in touch with everyone that I can electronically and I am sure there are few family members that will understand what I am going through. I may well be in a good position to continue with my gender identity and sexual orientation with the new company and job that I will have once things are settled. Paradoxically, I feel grateful to my parents for helping me get to this point and yet I resent them for all the times they have invalidated my feelings.

I feel like once I get settled, I will definitely come out to a family member or two that I trust to help get things in order. I am thinking of going into therapy once I move out to get started with embracing myself more fully, or just working with those that I come out to in order to expedite the process. All of the emotional fluctuations I have felt come right from my parent's influence and I have had enough of it!

This may have turned out to be a rant, but I really needed to express myself. I am fully a Demiwoman and Bisexual and I will be who I am one way or another.

2. Sebby45

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you in recognizing who you are!

3. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for that. I wanted to respond sooner, but things have been a little nuts lately.

4. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good for you, Senpai25! I'm glad you've figured yourself out. It's just a shame others can't fully get on board with you. But continue to persevere, and always stay true to yourself.

5. Senpai25

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate that BothWaysSecret. It is just a little frustrating to have a strong grasp on what I want in transitioning, but to be held up by family. Especially in my mid 20s.

Thank you so much for your support.^-^ I am determined to make my way forward!

#5 Senpai25, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    BothWaysSecret likes this.