1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bi-gender/non-binary event in New England?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MStream, Oct 17, 2017.

?

Non-binary folks, would you be likely to attend an event like this?

1. Definitely, and I would bring other people with me!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. I'd definitely go!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Would really like to, not sure if I could

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  4. I might be interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I wouldn't, but someone I know probably would

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'd like to, but I'm pretty sure I can't

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm non-binary, but I wouldn't be interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MStream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently I got to take part in a one-hour, free-form discussion strictly for non-binary people at a transgender conference. It was wonderful both for the content and the people. It's the only time I've ever been in a room with only other non-binary people (I'm bi-gender and switch gender identities back and forth between male and female).

I'm beginning to think it would be wonderful to be able to meet other bi-gender and non-binary people and to organize an event to make that happen. I'm thinking of a small, fairly informal, one-day (or maybe two-day) conference in a very gender-friendly place like Boston or Northampton, Massachusetts. We could have discussions, maybe some speakers, and a big party in the evening(s) with quieter and more raucous activities. We could probably get a discount at a hotel if we reserve a block of rooms.

It would probably be in the spring, to give lots of time to get the word out and make sure we have a good turnout. Costs would be kept minimal, and I'd set up a carpooling system. Would anyone be enthusiastic for this?

#1 MStream, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  2. StormyVale

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am also bi-gender and think that this is a good idea. I know that there is already the Philly Trans Health Conference, but I think that having a conference for just non-binary trans people would also be good. I think being non-binary transgender is very different than the experience of people who are binary transgender, and maybe a space to discuss different topics for those of us who are not of the gender binary (man or woman) might be cool.

3. MStream

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, and does anyone know any organizations I should contact, especially ones specifically for bi-gender people, but also any LGBTQ organization anywhere near New England that might want to know about and/or help support the event?