1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi.. I'm not feeling too well. This is a long one.

I am 17 years old and this year I guess I started to really realise that I liked girls as well and came out to my sister and two other friends. It has been extremely hard though if I am honest. A few weeks after I came out to my best friend she stopped talking to me. She just said she needed space when I asked her what was wrong. While I am not sure if my coming out was the main reason she stopped talking to me I think that it did play a part. We were super close, we'd talk every single day and she would sleep over almost every weekend. I did NOT have any feelings for her- infact I told her about this girl I had a crush on at that time. However, after this she started acting strangely towards me (ie. flinching if I touched her, making comments that I was flirting with her or with other random friends of mine whom I wasn't even into, not wanting to lie down next to me like we used to). All this made me a bit sad, but I mean I guess it's to be expected- she was new to this as well and was trying to accept me.. but she started ignoring me all together now :frowning2:

She made a post on instagram where she talks about only attracting "damaged" people and feeling like a therapist and needing to heal them and that she felt that it was right to remove these people from her life. I don't know if it was about me but she posted it a few weeks after we stopped talking... I have not been diagnosed, but I have been dealing with depression this past year or so and I did confide in her... but she confided in me too (a lot actually!). Isn't that what friends do? I didn't know she thought I was damaged :frowning2: sorry I'm rambling..

If you read this far, thanks so much. I'm just sad because going into 2017 I was excited to start my senior year, hoping to get a boyfriend and had a solid best friend. Now that the year is ending I'm so much lonelier and confused about myself and my sexuality :frowning2: I really miss her... I wish I could go back in time and not have come out- but then I would be hiding a part of myself and I don't really want to do that.. Idk any advice is really appreciated. I just want to feel better :frowning2: Thanks

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm sorry you are going through such a rough time. What your friend did was harsh and I'm sorry she did that. I know it doesn't feel like it right now but things will get better, you will make friends and they won't care that you are gay and it won't change the relationship you have with them. If that's post was about you then that's horrible but at least she has shown you her true colours. Keep your chin up there are new friends out there to make.

Blue Nails likes this.
  3. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

One of my favorite sayings/quotes is "those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Blue Nails and silverhalo like this.
  4. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks <3 That really means a lot. Haha I'll try to be positive

5. Blue Nails

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow.. that is one powerful quote.. it has actually been in my head all day after reading it.. thanks wow

6. Sawyer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry you are going through this Blue Nails, but I 100% agree with what the others have said. If she doesn't want be your friend because you like girls, it's her loss. We've all been in situations where we have lost people along the way because of our sexual orientation but I can also assure you that you'll make other friends, better friends, who'll love you no matter who you love. They'll be out there.

I hope your friend will come around. But if she doesn't, one day when you're older, and you've met different people, you won't even care what happened in HS.