1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4.5 year relationship comes to an end, a new chapter begins

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OnTheHighway, May 20, 2018.

1. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my husband 5.0 years ago. We started dating six months later. We married 18 months ago. We both love each other, but we realized once we moved in full time together that we have material areas of non compatibility (particularly related to control which so often can be an issue). After going to couples counseling we both agreed we would rather still love each other, be close friends, then remain married and causing each of us undo stress and strain living 7nder one roof. We made the decision a few weeks ago and we are well down the path of seperating.

Interestingly, I feel closer to him now than I have previously. And while I am sad that we could not see our way through the challenges, I am optimistic that we both are making the right decision and we both will be happier for it.

Now, I am hopeful that we will in fact remain close, but I guess we will see what happens as time goes on.