1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Confidence boosters in a long time...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BigGayAlex, Nov 29, 2015.

1. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I joined a dating site recently. While I do not have full access, I can read messages from other members for free. A guy (ok looking) said he thought I am "very cute". While I have not officially "read" it, I kinda don't want to respond to him... Then this happened:

Last night at a NHL game, I was standing in line to get some pulled pork nachos (which were good btw). A guy came up to me while in line and said "Dude, you are so freaking adorable (looking)!", smiling ear to ear. I said "Why thank you!" with a nice smile. He gave me a friendly bump in he back as he walked away. Looking back, I wish I could chatted some more with him (he was cute too) but alas no avail. :bang:

So, in two weeks I have had two guys tell me I was very cute/adorable. Both were instant confidence boosters to my self perception and relationship hopes for sure! I guess I need to start working on introductions and conversational topics with guys I find desirable. Any tips?

2. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A thing that always works is to give them a compliment back! If someone says you look cute, you could for instance make a remark on their appearance, to let them know you're on the same page. After this casually asking how they are or what they are up to shows your interest and could lead to a nice conversation, maybe ending in sharing contact details or something. Good luck!

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Aw, haha. I love that feeling.

Like what Pestjohnbuda said, the best way to keep the conversation going is to reply back in an equally-complimenting way. Of course, in a situation where you're in a line to get something, it can be hard, haha. But when the opportunity arises in a more "chattier" place, take advantage of it :grin:

4. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like others have said, compliments don't hurt. What I can say about conversation starters is don't let the conversation die, obviously. A few second breaks are okay, but just be aware, because you can kind of know when things are not going anywhere.

You can always talk about something you have in common. Like you were at the NHL game, talk something about that, maybe. You could also try complimenting them and then introducing yourself, because then they will probably introduce themselves back. Talk about something funny that just happened or talk about where you two are at the moment. Something so simple as that, keep it simple. Oh and don't forget to smile every once in a while! :grin:

I'm sure you will do good next time!

5. setnyx

no advice sorry, haven't had that confidence booster in TOO long. i am very glad to hear you have.

6. BigGayAlex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all for the tips/advice!