1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 and running out of options.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Napstablook, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Napstablook

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello there.

I was going to type a long, long, essay about what's going on and why I need help, but I figured to get straight to the point. I live in an emotionally and verbally abusive household, and I know that as soon as I come out, it will be so much worse and I risk being kicked out.

My question was if anyone knows about any LGBT shelters in Columbus or Blacklick Ohio? I don't want to stay in the closet any more but I need a backup plan.

2. plant

I'm incredibly sorry about your situation. My heart goes out to you and I wish you the best. No one should have to live in fear because of who they are. I'm not sure if I have the right words to say right now, but just know I'm here for you.

I googled some LGBT shelters in Columbus, and I came up with Kaleidoscope Youth Center, Stonewall Columbus, OSU Star House, and Cap4Kids. Kaleidoscope seems to have the most information online. If none of these options work out, you could explore staying with an accepting family member if you have one, or a close friend. The Trevor Project also may be able to help.

3. CoderK

I am so, so sorry about what you are going through. I hope everything works out.

Plant pretty much covered the shelters, but I wanted you to know that if you need someone to talk to, I am here for you.