1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 reasons gay marriage is wrong

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brija, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Brija

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was using stumbleupon on firefox and I stumbled upon this... I thought you guys might like it.:slight_smile:

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

2. EmperorNero

I've seen it before, but It's still great.

3. MeskElil

:roflmao:
    I've seen this before, but it never gets old. Isn't it brilliant???

4. Beth

ive never seen that
    gave me a smile & a giggle b4 i trot off to the gym

5. Endlessnight500

Thats awesome.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Older than John McCain.

7. haha tyler oakley made a video saying that! he is amazing lol

8. Derek the Wolf

ROFL. Loves it.

9. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

OMG

I thought you were serious at first about those, then realized you were quoting :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: .

So stupid it's funny :grin:

10. tomersh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

:roflmao:...i love it....and it's so right....:roflmao::roflmao:

11. Chris

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: LOLz I LOVE IT!!!!!

12. Loveless

Loveless Guest

lol awesome!

13. Brija

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is most definitely brilliant.

14. dwmusic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    very funny, someone has done something similar with Biblical anti-homosexual statements (in translation at least) in conjunction with other 'rulings' that no-one obeys:
    "everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death" - Leviticus 20:9
    "Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." - Leviticus 19:19
    "Whatever in the water does not have fins or scales; that shall be an abomination to you." - Leviticus 11:12

15. JWAD

JWAD Guest

LOL i think that's great best part is that, thats the arguments everyone uses but the comebacks are all true.

16. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  17. Naxaron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I seen this before.

I should carry this around and show it to people whenever they bring up these arguments...

18. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

I've seen this somewhere before, but it sure makes a good argument.

19. ArcaneVerse

Lol. Very funny stuff, I've never seen that before.

I Think i saw a Youtube clip with that in it from The West Wing. lol worth watching.

20. larrythefun

I am gay. This post on gay marriage is not very convincing though. It kind of misses the point. If you want to come up with something like a domestic partnership and call it marriage, you definitely can. But it's not the same as marriage between a man and woman which under normal circumstances is open new life being born of their love.

Marriage is ordered towards families and children. It is the exception when a straight marriage is sterile, but a sterile marriage is the de facto way it is with gay people. Following on that, the whole basis of marriage being where mothers, fathers, and babies come from is debased.

Keep in mind, this means it is just as wrong for straight people to casually use contraception. It also means casual and readily available divorce is contradictory to marriage. So it's not just gay marriage. The problem is also contraception and divorce. In that light, homosexuality is just one more issue.

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2012 at 02:39 PM ----------

We are no longer under the Levitical law. Read Acts chapter 9 where circumcision is done away with as well. Just as the United States government can legitimately change tax rates from one year to the next, there are certain religious laws that can be changed by God from one century to the next.

Keep in mind: I'm gay. Just sayin'

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2012 at 02:39 PM ----------

We are no longer under the Levitical law. Read Acts chapter 9 where circumcision is done away with as well. Just as the United States government can legitimately change tax rates from one year to the next, there are certain religious laws that can be changed by God from one century to the next.

Keep in mind: I'm gay. Just sayin'