1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality topic

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Rayland, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The truth is that I've always read so many of gay men's threads. I always thought I have to be more composed than everyone else, despite me feeling like I wish to jump in this conversation, that, hey I feel the same.

I feel I'm not allowed to jump in these conversations not only because of this, but because I wasn't born in the right body for this. I don't belong. I'm not whole.

I've fantasized a lot about it all. About every single thing you guys write about. I fantasize how I as a man will marry another man and have a family together.

I have a lack of experience. I'm a virgin and not only all of this there is my trauma and a lot of mistrust towards other people. I'm scared of getting hurt and I also have low self esteem.

I feel like I really need to form some sort of connection with a person, so one night stands are not really possible. I will freak out, unless I'm reassured ten thousand times and people would flee once they lay their eyes on me. This is how low my self confidence is.

Dating is more difficult for me, since I live with my parents. Honestly I don't even have any privacy.

And me being trans is also making things difficult, since on dating websites there are mostly straight people or bi couples, who want threesomes. I haven't been on gay sites. I fear discrimination. No one really says if they're okay with transpeople. I haven't had any surgeries either.

My own city is tiny too. It's almost rural, so there aren't a lot of opportunities.

There is also this constant going around about my sexuality.

With identity it's easy. There is dysphoria telling me that my doubts have no basis, but sexuality isn't as clear cut.

I don't really have anything to loose if I don't label myself, but I don't know why I keep doubting so much. It's very frustrating and overwhelming. I just want to cry. Is it a sence of belonging I want? Even though I feel like I don't fit in the community on the first place?

Sorry for long text, but I had to get it all out of myself.

2. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey. Just wanted you to know I read your thread and I hear you.

I don’t really have any advice to offer you, it’s a fairly complicated situation you’re in. But try to keep your spirits up. You never know what’s around the corner.

Rayland likes this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks I appreciate it. it's okay. I just wanted to vent it. I've decided to take the sexuality topic to my psychiatrist and psychologist. There are just things I can't handle by myself. Maybe even only medication can help. I will make a thread in general support about my mental health regarding it all.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps it's not a bad thing to do to jump in and say you feel the same, regardless of where you are coming from with your experience.

It does make dating more difficult.
    This is also understandable

You don't have to be into hookups either.

Have you tried lesbian dating sites and apps? They're open to AFAB trans people, if you'd rather date a guy, you could look for a trans guy maybe?

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My anxiety is still causing me to not reply as much. It's a whole lot better than it was, when I first joined EC, back then I was scared to even contact any staff here. Even posting on the forums were something I didn't do before, because talking to people, while others saw or contacting someone privately caused huge anxiety. Being here and interacting and doing mod stuff is a very big deal to me. I'm somehow able to manage this anxiety, but when it comes to talking about sexuality I feel uncomfortable, because sexuality was never a topic I had to think about. When I was straight I just didn't think much and I wasn't popular within guys anyway. I was hit with a lot of shame, when I thought I might be lesbian. I buried those feelings within. Then this whole transgender stuff came and it completely threw me off and overwhelmed me. I wasn't even able to get properly into questioning phase with the lesbian label. Now I don't know what I'm supposed to be and not having any label is not an option either, because I won't be able to settle down, withouth thinking what I am.

I haven't. I'm scared to try. What if no one likes me? I'm sensitive to rejections. Or what if I would be judged and discriminated against?

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And you've made a lot of progress and it matters. If you keep on going forward, it will keep on getting better.

It's always less confrontational to write on an app than to meet someone in person. But... take your time, do it at your own pace, you don't have to jump head first into all of this.

The first step, I think it's okay if you realise it's okay for you to share your feelings on the forum and that nobody will get mad if you express that you've experienced something similar to them.

7. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a few thoughts and comments.
    my experience with gay dating sites is they typically become or are used primarily as hook up sites. Testosterone? idk, but i think if you are looking for non sexual encounters (at least to start), you'd be better served joining a gay activity group. A net search maybe check with this group for information? https://www.alturi.org/feature_items/anette-maletjarv-estonian-lgbt-association/

Also, i'd recommend checking out gay hook up sites, not to hook up, but to read profiles to get a realistic picture of what gay guys are looking for. You mention in another post about transitioning below. Many of the FtM gays i see on gay sites transition on top and do HRT, but leave the lower half untouched. i'm not sure how you are wired psychologically (e.g., top? bottom? etc.), but i can tell you that the guys i just described are highly sought after and desired. It's without a doubt a sub culture of the gay culture, but honestly i think the gay culture is nothing but a collection of sub cultures lol, we're an eclectic group. Going to such sites and doing search and just safely reading profiles, or even striking up conversations with guys in your position, will give you feed back other than from your thoughts about how it might pan out. Another resource would be gay chat rooms. You can just lurk, but you'd get a sense of gay guys at the same time. i'm not big on chat rooms, but when i have ventured there, there are always trans people present and participating as part of the mix. It would be a way to experience others and the mix irl as an invisible observer.

Mihael likes this.
  8. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had time to go there. I live an hour away from, where the association is located. My city is tiny and there is nothing lgbt+ out here, unless you are a club person, which I'm not. My city is basically an old people city. In the winter time especially it's dead. All the big events are in our capital. Sigh.

I'm bottom, but I can also be top depending on the situation. I'm flexible there.

I guess there really isn't anything else to do, than try and experiment really. I need to gather courage to go through with some of this stuff.

tallslenderguy likes this.
  9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. Yeah I will try my best. I need to get over my anxiety and put myself out there.

10. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We all have fear, nothing abnormal about that. We all need/want love and acceptance, so you are definitely not alone. Something i endeavor to do is acknowledge fear, not pretend i don't have it, but i work to not give in to it, to let it win. i find the more i stare fear down, the better i get at it... i wish it would go away, it hasn't in my experience, but we can choose to not let it rule us. <3

LoomingOcean and Rayland like this.
  11. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, i agree. If there is a gay oriented club nearby, it might become time to become a club person lol? Also, just contacting the group an hour away would be a big start. Bus or train ride? i am in a small town and will actually travel 1000 miles to get certain kinds of interaction with guys. An hour once a month or________? How big of a hurdle is that (really asking, not challenging)?

As to you being a bottom trans person? There are definitely gay and Bi guys who are Tops and would be into you (so to speak lol) without transitioning below. Again, go online and just lurk, you will see that soon enough. Lurking is safe and anonymous and it will show you reality vs just getting stuck in your head (which we all do, it's so easy to do, not judging, just saying). <3

12. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hurdle is parental overprotection. :frowning2:
    I've been to clubs before, so it wouldn't be my first time.
    I usually travel by bus. It's not a big deal either.

13. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i don't want to be intrusive, tell me to butt out if i am going where you do not want me... i don't understand how your parents figure in since you are 32 years old? Again, i know there may be details you'd rather not talk about. That's one of the challenges of online sharing of stuff like this, the picture is so limited, so any response we give is based on limited understanding. <3

Rayland likes this.
  14. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mind. I've talked about it before too.
    I live with my parents and sister in the same house and I'm the only person who is semi okay to work and such, because my parents and sister has disabilities and they don't trust others, also I've been sick, since I was born thanks to bad genetics and weak immune system. I've basically had pneumonia each time I got a bit of cold, so I pretty much lived at the hospital (I had weak heart and lungs too). I think this is, where all of this overprotectivness comes from. They've had to take care of two sick children. My mom even told me, regarding this whole transgender stuff when it comes to operations that it's too risky, they don't wish to loose me, since performing operations was even, when I was little not something that was considered, even though I would have problably benefit from an heart surgery. I almost died at birth. I think that all the overprotectivness comes from here from fearing of loosing me.

I've taked about it with them, but my dad keeps saying others do it this way too (which they don't) and my dad says he can't sleep, when I'm out late (which is his way of problably trying to quilt trap me), even though I've always been the good kid.

It's honestly embarrasing and frustrating. They call me, when I'm out little later, even though they know I'm out.

I though feel suffocated and trapped here. I've never really got a chance to enjoy life.

15. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Glad you finally got some gay guys replying Rain :relaxed:

Rayland likes this.
  16. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's quite surprising to hear, good on you guys for being accepting. I see a lot of trans-exclusionary talk from lesbians on social media, and I've never really felt as a bi woman that it was my place to comment on it, as I don't have a problem with men/males or penis. There's a lot of lesbians out there who have had nothing but bad experiences with men. But it has always come across to me as highly negative, to judge someone by how they were born before you even know them as a person.

#16 JT1999, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    Rayland and tallslenderguy like this.
  17. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To be honest, i don't know how much of the acceptance i'm referring to has to do with progression? i'm sure that's in the mix, but i think much of this has to do with our friend the sexual spectrum.

Testosterone is a force to recon with.

There are guys out there who have transitioned FtM and do the upper/chest reconstruction, do HRT. They do some work out, grow hair in places typically associated with being male, but openly have a vagina and identify as bottoms. Some Tops want a bottom to have a penis (spectrum), but others don't even think of the bottom as having a penis. They don't touch it or acknowledge it or want it. As Total Tops they are totally penetrative, so they see a born with a male body guy as having a "clit and a pussy," and a FtM bottom as having a "a clit and two pussies."
    Of course, we are all individuals, but that is a decided driving force for many that weaves with the rest of who we are.

#17 tallslenderguy, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    Rayland likes this.
  18. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry about replying just now. I just now got back from university. It's been a long day.
    Thank you, but I don't expect people to reply. I'm really thankful though. I honestly expected this to get 0 reply's, but it feels good to get it out of my system and be able to talk. I feel my anxiety dissappears too.

19. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I want to transition 100% and get to as close as possible to be whole, but I don't feel any dysphoria on the bottom part. Mainly it's the upper part that causes most dysphoria.

20. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've seen it too, which is why I'm scared about being discriminated against and I haven't had good experiences. Some seem so cold and one despite being in a relationship tried to flirt with me and it was very uncomfortable. Also I get a lot of mixed signals.