Heyy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Celeste0103, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Celeste0103

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiya!

I've finally mustered up the courage to join emptyclosets, hoping to meet some wonderful peeps here

I'm pansexual/bisexual and think I might be trans? I'm not entirely sure yet. I hate my body, voice and personality and would definitely prefer to be a girl. But I don't know if it's the right choice for me yet (I'm pretty masculine)

Anyways, my hobbies include gaming and watching series/anime with friends. I basically like anything, as long as I'm not alone haha

Nice to meet you, everyone!

2. tallslenderguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome Celeste,
    Truly glad that you "mustered up the courage to join...." You are not alone. Being here doesn't mean everyone will get you, but there are many who will want to, and it's a whole lot safer here to be you.
    Reading your intro, i am struck by the pressure normative society puts on people who are different, knowingly and unknowingly. i'd suggest you do not have to fit any particular mold or idea of "should be," rather take the freedom to explore and discover who and how you truly are. I.e., there's nothing 'wrong' with being a "pretty masculine...girl."

3. wouldbeElliot

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, nice to meet you too Celeste0103! Empty Closets is really wonderful, there's so many kind people who will support you, so it's good that you finally had the courage to join. :slight_smile:

Knowing your sexuality is already a good start. Only you can really find out wether you are trans or not, but by your experience it seems very similar to what I feel. If you don't know how to decide on it yet, I'd recommend looking at some posts or making a post on the forum (or think about what would make you satisfied with your body). Remember that there's no pressure on you and you can figure it all out in your own time.

Don't worry about being "masculine". You can present and feel about yourself any way you want and you don't have to conform to any ideals. Look however you feel content with yourself.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Celeste…..Hello and a big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent! :old_wink: ) when that becomes necessary! This is a safe community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community.

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out, join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! Empty Closets is all about making connections and giving LGBTQ folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives. :old_cool:

*****In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who may have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.

Some info on how to navigate EC: :old_confused:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something”. When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. Only A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) and then only to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_big_grin: If you have any questions at all, you can send me a Private Message as you can always send a staff member a Private Message.

…..David :gay_pride_flag:

5. BiCavalier

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nice to meet you Celeste! It's a great community here and glad you found your courage! The best thing to do is just start and keep writing. Share and post. Get your thoughts and feelings out there. We here to support you, share, and help each other figure ourselves out. I hope to hear more from you soon!