1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom and Aunts are Stressing Me Out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TinyWerewolf, Mar 8, 2024.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    TRIGGER WARNING:
    Mentions of suicidal ideation, death/fatal accidents/cancer, possibly abusive behavior

It's mostly my mom, but my aunts some too- and I want to scream!

I know I need to clean my room, I keep procrastinating it because it's a depression nest at this point and overwhelming. Cleaning also kind of feels like a waste of my time and always has- I know it's not truly a waste of time but something in my mind really fights that. Then there's just a whole list of internal conflicts piling on top of that- grief, immense dysphoria, a stress response that makes me freak out and start to question my gender despite being pretty sure I'm a trans man, mild dissociation (a feeling like I'm floating above my body rather than in my body), depressive episodes that sometimes involve suicial ideation.

My mom has been on me the past week to clean it, to the point past annoying and absurd. I did at least start cleaning it- but first she gave me a two hour lecture at midnight one night about how I have a video game addiction (which isn't totally true- I often play with my brother and a couple of family members when possible. I'd been trying to get my brother to play most of the week. I also use video games to cope, they help distract me from my sadness). In this rant she said "How would you like it if I didn't do something you wanted me to do for ten months?" What I wanted to say but couldn't if I didn't want to blow up my plans to escape was this: "Oh really, Mom? Try four f***ing years! With intense self hatred and discomfort because you find yourself disgusting and can't change it!" The next morning she took all my games and devices but one because I hid it well. Then even though I start cleaning my room finally, she takes the other one while I'm out of the house feeding my sister's dogs (granted that was taken before I'd started cleaning, but I hadn't even touched it all day except to move it out of the way- and that was a concious choice). Her taking my device- that I paid for myself, and I'm twenty-two- enrages and depresses me. That was one of the ways I got to destress and drown out her transphobia/homophobia and the trash channel that is Newsmax. I want to finish cleaning even less now- I don't want to reinforce the behavior that if she takes my things then I do what she wants. She already did that with my college life and old phone/any way I could call for help when she went through my phone and found out I'm trans/pan- and she got away with it.

Due to us fighting all week, I made her an apology cookie even. I don't like fighting and love my mom still. She even got mad at me for that cookie- saying "I don't need that! You know I'm pre-diabetic/ trying to lose weight!" She made me cry, she apologized but it still hurt like h*ll. I just know she likes warm cookies and wasn't even thinking about any of that.

My family as a whole is close to figuring out that I'm depressed too, which would also possibly blow up my plans to escape. They'll start asking about my life too much (they already do, it would get so much worse). So I have to keep pretending I'm fine.

On top of all this- I find out yesterday that my aunts are trying to set me up with some random guy. I've told them multiple times to not do this type of thing- and reiterated it again last night. The response I get from one of them after explicitly saying that I don't want to be set up right now was, "No, it's time [to be set up/be looking]." I still am attracted to men- but this is severely overstepping. I'm disgusted by them trying to push a man (and eventually having kids) on me.

Just please, help!!

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tiny.....I know this has come up before, but I'm going to be really serious. What are the top three reasons that stop you from leaving that house and that town? Please give me a serious answer. You have to know by now how much we all love you and care about you. We all want this endless pain and torture to stop. So tell us specifically why you can't leave.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Obliteratrix47 and TinyWerewolf like this.
  3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One is they'd stop me. They would try to stop me any way they could I believe. They have too much power over me and my emotions. They'll tug at my heartstrings.

Two is finances and my stupidity regarding them. I don't know crap about any of them- my parents have made me feel I can't figure it out on my own either. I worry I can't hold it together as a whole often. I'm already collapsing here- how the h*ll am I surviving out there? Moving with Lydia and my dog will help, but I worry I'll be a burden more than the little brother she considers me. She deserves a much better life than I can offer- so does my dog, and even my bio-family.

Three- I worry I'm in the wrong, and I don't really want to deal with any of this anymore. I'm exhausted with fighting to exist and maybe get a shot to be me. I shouldn't exist anyway. I wish God would just take me already because I have no more courage or strength

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey little brother take a deep breath in. I know things look gloomy. Sending my most warmest hugs your way, but there are things only you can do, just because of who your true self is.

How are they tugging your heartstrings? How would they stop you if you leave in secret? I'd honestly try to get a restraining order against them.

There is nothing you can't learn. We here can help as much as possible, but in the end you do need to take action. It can be scary to start an independent life, but you got this. I believe in you little brother.

If you fear being a burden, then know it would be temporary, until you get to the state where you can take care of yourself and you can give back. It's all about communicating with each other.

Why do you feel you might be in the wrong?

You don't deserve any of it. You deserve to be happy with your dog and Lydia. You need to give yourself this chance.

When I read what you wrote I got upset at your parents. I thought these parents don't deserve parenthood. They are toxic people and it's a toxic relationship, where they use fear tactics on you.

5. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They'll tell all of my family, and I expect immediate rejection. I can probably never return home, and with reason three they'll shove that in my face.

For the rest you're right

6. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Today I felt suicidal but Lydia talked me down. I very much have tunnel vision these days

7. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. I'm happy she did. You are not alone.

If you don't do anything, then nothing will change, but even if they tell the rest of the family, then you at least have clarity there who would be supportive or non supportive. You don't need non supportive people in your life.

I'd love it if there would be people in your family who would give your mom an earful.

I imagined if I'd ever meet her, then I'd slapped her and what I'd say. Sorry about imagining things like this, but I couldn't help it.

8. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to finish cleaning my room and that will likely help calm things down some- but I hate to reinforce the idea that taking my things gets her what she wants. I'm just in a lot of pain and this stress and fighting amplifies it- not having the distraction of gaming also forces me to sit with my feelings more (which isn't good at all).

Sometimes I yell at her back, other times I'm just too hurt to bother

9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's all problably very overwhelming for you. I sense the pain and frustration and sadness and hoplessness, but things will get better. It can't go downhill all the time at some point things have to go up and start moving forward.

Sending infinte hugs and I think cleaning can be a good stress relief activity.

Oh and the previous reply. I don't consent violence, it's never the solution, but the behaviour of your mom is upsetting. I wouldn't be able to stand it. I think it's beyond what anyone can do. She must see how wrong she is by herself, sadly some people are very blind.

10. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's very overwhelming, I'm just trying to live but it's hard to do that when I'm stuck at home so much. I haven't had as much time out of the house and that's putting even more strain on me. I'm hoping I get this full time spot that just opened up here- but expecting it to go to my other part time coworker. By taking my laptop, my mom has currently barred me from applying anyway- my resume is on there. Now it's probably going to look like I applied later than her as well.

Yesterday was a breaking point of sorts- she kept tapping on me while I was drawing, then she stuck the ends of my hair up my nose laughing and saying "Do you remember when you would shove the end of your (clean) spit-up cloth up my nose when I'd fall asleep rocking you?" I withstood it for ten seconds, she kept twisting my hair around in there, it itched so bad it hurt. That was the point where I couldn't take anymore, screamed "screw you!" in response, and went upstairs. She started following me very closely on the stairs, I was afraid she was going to goose me (pinch my butt) and said she better stay back or I'd push her. I went to my room and cried a lot after that, I hate what I did and did go apologize later but I broke yesterday

11. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I'd just get out as soon as possible and not look back. Start a new life elsewhere. Even if it would be an place, where for example people go to escape from domestic abuse, because your situation isn't any different. People do get a new chance in life. It was my plan b, if I wouldn't have been accepted. My trans advisor gave me contacts to such a place who also accepted lgbt+ people, luckily I'd never had to use it.

12. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tiny.....@Rayland has said everything that I could say. The only thing that I have to add is you need to get out of there and do it soon.
    .....David :Gay_pride_flag:

13. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You just reminded me to search through my old photos in the burner phone- I think I have a couple places to look that the domestic abuse people gave me. I kind of feel I shouldn't have asked them for help because they're for those who endure worse- but perhaps the places they directed me can help me. I need to start working with my dog more to get him trained up better.

I should've listened to everyone two years ago and taken the job- moved and such. I feel it's my own fault for being so stupid

Obliteratrix47 and Rayland like this.
  14. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are not stupid. The most important thing is for you to be safe and get away from an unsafe enviroment.

Obliteratrix47 and quebec like this.
  15. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel what I did was a stupid move at least- wish I had a solution to fix all this

16. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. There is a solution and that is getting away. We all make mistakes, but it's important that we understand them and learn from them and grow stronger.

17. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jack.....Someone once told me about the best time to plant a tree. He said; "Twenty years ago or right now." I think you are in the same situation. When is the best time for you to get out of that terrible mess you live in? "Two years ago or right now!"
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

18. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sorry I'm late to this, Jack. My God, I thought I'd heard everything about your horrific family, but...

That's physical abuse. Twisted. F***ed up. I can feel myself boiling in anger that she did that to you.

Lydia won't think like that. Absolutely not. She cares deeply about you and your welfare. As do I. And so many of us here.

My advice? Play nice so you're able to get your laptop, console and games back. And then leave. This has gone on long enough.

I know I've said this before, but your mom doesn't love you. It's not real love, the sort of radiant pride that a parent should feel towards their maturing adult child. It's a controlling, possessive, jealous 'love', one that wants to mould you into a mini version of herself, rather than rejoicing in the person you are.

Will PM you tomorrow, my brother. Sending out love and strength to you.

Your sister, Beth xx

19. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do need to leave, and I have been grieving my family. I miss the mom I used to have, and sometimes I get glimpses of her every now and then. I miss seeing my brother every day, feeling like I could tell him (almost) everything. I miss the friends I can't see because of my parents too though. I miss my two friends that were like family who passed away (one from an accident and one from cancer). Staying this long may have been a mistake- but why I wasn't ready is because I was too scared to face all of that. Not sure what I learned out of it though.

I like that saying, never heard it though. You make a good point- no sense in dwelling on that timing.

Thank you for responding at all, all of you.

I don't know that I'd consider it physical abuse more than emotional and a tactic to get what she wants. I was very angry at the time.

I know she won't see me that way- but I worry I'll be one. I care deeply for her, she really is basically my sister- having to have her help take care of me is something I feel she shouldn't have to do. I know the first few months to a year are going to be debilitating and stressful though. Between training my dog to be a house dog rather than outside, actually moving, learning how to go stealth and all that entails, learning how to budget and pay rent, etc.- I'm going to need help with all of that. I need to start building credit so we can get an apartment, but not sure how to do that- I tried getting a credit card and apparently I have no credit history so I was denied. No idea what my credit score is even or how to check without taking a hit to it. I know we'll be renting in my name mainly because we discussed that, and I won't be paying all the bills by myself. Now's the time to be looking though- getting it all sorted.

20. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What you have described there is what is called 'being an adult'. Your family have kept you in a state of arrested development, as a child, for years now and you know, it's time..

To me all that stuff you've described sounds exciting - standing on your own two feet, taking responsibility, taking your first steps as a young man...Jack, I feel excited just writing it! You can do all this - I believe in you.

Taking any big step is scary, but it's the only way to have a future. Lydia will be there to help you though. And me, and all of us here. We're all behind you.

Big hugs, Beth xx

Obliteratrix47 likes this.