I am too afraid of coming out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Saskia96, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Crepy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have to wonder if this feeling is a side-effect of not living as your true self. Maybe you are being so harsh on yourself. Because when some one compliments you. You feel like they are not complimenting you but a fake persona. maybe it feels hard to feel proud of something you've done. Because it wasn't the real you that did it. So it doesn't feel like you're proud of yourself. But of some one else?

Just somethoughts of the top of my head. Wish I could be of more help to you. But I wish you all the best in the rest of your journey and just so you know. I would accept you for your true self. For as much as that may help.

quebec and Saskia96 like this.
  2. Crepy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wish this forums had an edit button. Or am I being blind as a bat?

I Just thought of a better way of putting what I wanted to say above so here goes.

I think you're trouble with feeling proud of your own achievements etc might be because. You are not being the real you yet(As far as I can tell from your posts anyways).

Compare it to being in a play.

Imagine you get assigned a character you don't really like. It's just not the role you wanted to play. You most likely just want to get your paycheck and move on. right. It was a job nothing more.

Now Imagine getting to play a character that you deeply love and admire. Some one that you might even aspire to be like. Now it is no longer will feel as a job. Now you will actually like your role. Now you can feel proud of the role your playing. Now you feel confident as your character.

So maybe that's why you have so much trouble being proud of yourself. of liking yourself. Of feeling confident. Because you're playing a character that doesn't fit you?

Saskia96 likes this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, there is an edit button at the bottom of the thread box, but it's very short time to be able to edit it, so I reccomend proofreading everything before posting and also the staff can help out, with it, so don't be afraid to ask for help, if you ever need anything. You can message staff, even if not full member. :slight_smile:

4. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sometimes when I think of how my life as a woman might be, i do think of myself as pretty, happy and even outgoing. Of course there is much wishful thinking involved (you cant just simply turn into an extrovert, especially from my current position).

But i still dont think that would influence much in regards of being proud of myself. I dont have really achieved anything in my life so far. I was proud as i owned my 2013 sti hatchback, but only until i crashed it while driving straight at 20 km/h (not a typo) one year later. i still have to pay 1/3 of the loan which i used to buy this car.

in regards of my job, it would still be only for the paycheck, because all i do is helping very rich people getting even richer.
    (if the sentence with the paycheck and moving on was a metaphor, i'm sorry, i didnt get it)

5. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well, you've learned to drive. That's more than I can do.

Beth x
    (Aged 54 and never really got my head around the multi tasking and immense stress involved in driving a car...)

6. Saskia96

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ...well i did cause 2 minor accidents and destroyed 2 tires on other occaisons and my license was temporarily suspended for a year, all in the first five years or so