1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News The Palestinians deserve a homeland. War is not the answer. This is a humanitarian crisis.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by zuice, Oct 28, 2023.

1. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let the whole world demonstrate that peace is needed now in the Middle East.

2. Obliteratrix47

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, totally. Why is war that necessary to the world?

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thousands dead - both Palestinians and Israelis. It's awful beyond words.

But nothing will change. Why? Because not enough people in the US (the only country in the world that could conceivably put pressure on the Israeli government) care that the West Bank has been illegally occupied for 56 years.

In despair,
    Beth

#3 chicodeoro, Nov 2, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
  4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is another thing that seems hopeless. People keep saying stuff like support of Palestine is support of hamas and terrorism and anti-semetic. How can they believe that everyone there supports hamas and terrorism? I have to believe most people there are just trying to live the life they got stuck with. It's been going on so long and anything involving religion ends up with conflict between different sects of one religion or different ones going at it, all through human history. It's crazy and there is no answer as long as people and governments think they are doing their chosen god's will. They think they are righteous and will die for their beliefs which also requires converting others or at least not allowing others to have their beliefs, like LGBTQ+ people existing openly. That will never allow for peace.

Most of us in the US don't understand this properly and many hear stuff like I said and including all Muslim groups with hamas. Some evangelicals can't wait for the rapture to happen in Israel or some bs like that which has something to do with their support. The rest of the world should put on the pressure since there are a lot more of you than us and the US causes more problems being involved. Canada and many others are much better countries that the US so they should be the leaders. US takes weeks to elect a house leader and ends up with one who wants the rapture and hates LGBTQ+ so we are dysfunctional and incompetent af.

5. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This issue is deep, and its roots are as old as religious conflicts themselves, but it is impossible to say that the slaughter of children is an answer to any question, and that is broadly what is happening.

This article from CBC gives the grim tally of Palestinian children taken by the unjustifiable bombing of civilian areas. According to Save the Children, an NGO that raises money for life services for infants and children worldwide, more have been killed in the last 3-4 weeks of bombing than all that were killed in each year total (not combined, but individually) for the last four years.

Most outlets place the current death toll around 4,000. That's not combatants or sympathizers or even able-bodied, potential recruits. That's just kids. Kids who were bombed to death. Incinerated, obliterated, vaporized, or crushed by rubble.

I don't know enough geopolitically to say where all this leads, but I know Palestinians will continue to be slaughtered wholesale into the foreseeable future. This is less war and more of finalizing a long-running plan to annihilate the people of Palestine so Israel can subsume the land and continue its own stated goal of total conquest of what it has deemed the Holy Land.

What's it all mean? Where's it all going? When does it end? Who knows! Usually, historically, after it's far, far too late and several decades if not centuries of lasting damage sits smouldering in the blackened earth and shattered hearts and minds of those who survived it. It may very well end in nuclear annihilation for the whole of humankind.

Such power was granted to the tyrants of the world and never properly revoked, so here we sit, with a gun to our collective heads, as bloodthirsty, arrogant men with hate in their hearts decide if they're feeling charitable enough that we should have a tomorrow.

I guess we'll see, one way or another.

6. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not that simple, I'm afraid. This is a very complicated problem. Israel is a very small country, surrounded with several countries that potentially want Israel's annihilation (not a completely accurate statement, but not far from that. There is a strong hostility among their society towards Israel's existence).
    On the West Bank matter, from the prespective of an Israeli leader: If I give up the occupation of West Banl and then let there be a Palestinian government and army. It means I put Tel Aviv in a very vulnarable situation. From the west bank to Tel Aviv, it's not a long distance.

7. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am not sure if I read your post correctly. But this is a war. All of the wars in history had civilian cauallties. In many cases they were deliberate act and in many cases they were collateral damage. Shouldn't we differentiated this two? Why do you think Israel's army want to slaughter civilians? I don't think they want that.

Let me tell you that it's Hamas that formally wants the erradication of the Jews of the world. I don't know why you think Israel wants to annihilate the people of Palestine. Israel gave up the Gaza in 2005 unconditionally, hoping it would help to make peace. But unfortunately they voted to Hamas and it made the situation worse. Not saying Israel has not done anything wrong though.

8. Vega222

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people