1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want a man only because I find women too involved?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by trojan, Sep 28, 2023.

1. trojan

I'm wondering if I'm seeking a man only because I don't want to get involved with a woman? I don't want all the complications a woman brings: their children, the financial problem, being settled instead of travel, etc.
    I 'dated' a man last year but nothing came of it. I think about him a lot.
    I'm heading off again but to a much more gay friendly place. So gay in fact that women don't really hang out there.
    If I'm only seeking a short fling with a guy because I'm not up for the responsibility of a woman in my life, maybe that's okay. Most of my fantasy is men. I love looking at women but it is all too confining.

2. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking is different than sexually fantasizing. Lots of gay men love women's fashion and glamor and beauty. If most of your sexual fantasizing is about men, I doubt its just because women are too confining :slight_smile:

#2 Searching2022, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    trojan likes this.
  3. trojan

Good. Like I said I think I was dating someone last winter. But nothing happened. I'm heading to a different place where there's many gay men. Maybe I will spread my wings. I'm totally single and nothing stopping me. Yes my fantasies are pretty much men now. I don't flirt with women. They are off my radar. I am leaving in about two weeks

#3 trojan, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    Searching2022 likes this.
  4. Chillton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel similar to you. A lot of the women I have flirted with or seen out there in the world are either outrageously entitled or expect you to change your personality or life to only revolve around them instead of each other. For a lot of people opposites attract. Others - similarities attract. Dating guys who are on the same page as you is perfectly normal. I would focus on who you are and what you want rather than what women want.

Contented and trojan like this.