Then and Now religious views

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bl3ssed1, Aug 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can you please explain how this is a biblical "flaw?"

From my understanding, no one is to condemn another because none of us are perfect. In the Bible, even Jesus, the only perfect one, didn't condemn her for adultery. He told her to "go and sin no more."

Why does everyone think Christians are hateful, instead of being so loving that they're warning people? I'm part of this community AND a christian.

I'm am a liar. I manipulate people. I lust after women. Ive stolen things before.I do all kinds of things that go against the Bible. Relying on myself would be the dumbest thing I could do. The Bible says the heart is wicked, but the blood of Jesus covers ALL sin. And, salvation is so easy, all you have to do is believe it. I try not to sin, but it's impossible to follow all the biblical laws; Jesus said so. I'm still supposed to strive for it, though.

You don't have to believe my religion, But it really sucks being part of a community that constantly mocks my God and claims my religious book is BS. I don't see anyone going around mocking Islam; I wonder why that is.

2. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Please provide evidence of these facts. I appreciate it, thank you.

3. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have seen the most hateful, mocking things of Catholics and other Christians in pride parades. I think it is very hypocritical. I think that people should respect their views.

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not saying Christians are stupid or it's wrong to have a religion and believe in something. Or mocking it.

It is wrong though in my opinion to tell people that the way they were born is wrong and make them believe they go to hell for it. Like who does that. Why make people suffer for their sexuality?

5. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right, your judgements are facts. That's convenient, therefore you don't judge anyone but you feel all religions just got it wrong.
    I would challenge you to read those actual doctrines and philosophers Plato and Aristotle and Buddist and Islamic and Jewish doctrine and prove to me they got it 'wrong' (There are plenty of challenging things, slaves in Plato's republic, for example. ). Otherwise, it is just an opinion and yes a judgement.

#65 Searching2022, Aug 26, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  6. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But its not wrong for you to tell people not to?

7. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hmm. So, it's wrong for people to tell you that God hates what we do, but it's not wrong for you to judge people for telling you the Jesus loves you, personally, so much that he suffered horrendously to save you?
    Genesis 3 says blood is required from every sinner. Judaism & Islam have animal sacrifices to atone for sins. Christians don't, because we believe the OT sacrificial system was fulfilled by the sacrifice of Jesus.

8. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Let me explain simply: Christians don't believe God sends people to hell. Christians believe people choose to be separated from God. Huge difference. WE, each individual, make the choice, using free will; not God.

9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually feel attacked. I will provide all the evidence. The evidence is in the history of religion. I go through the history, rather than just verses and trying to learn the meaning. If you would even take time to google, then you would find out everything about it, but I will provide evidence. If you bother to learn history not just blindly follow the religious teachings, then you would learn way more.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/study-of-religion/History-of-the-study-of-religion

You both miss completely what I want to say. Don't God also tell you to turn other other cheek, if you've been wronged. I think the main message what I get from the bible is to love each other as human beings and accept one another.

You immediately take it as an attack, just because telling others, that it's no sin. It's all very contradictory what you both say.

10. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I apologize if you feel attacked. That's genuinely not my intent. I love you.

11. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, for someone who doesn't judge that's quite a statement.

Can you please provide a quote from me on this thread that proves that I 'blindly follow the religious teachings'?
    and if so, which doctrine.

I didn't even say I was Christian, or believed in anything. Please show me where I have.

#71 Searching2022, Aug 26, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2023
  12. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's just a sentence. I was trying to get my point over. No need to get defensive. I never assumed you are Christian.

13. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Why do you assume Christians don't study history and the Bible? I actually have very close relationship with some Israeli Jews and Palestinian Arabs. They share history. They also have museums. I follow the archeology. I'm not so sure why you think Christians blindly follow something. It's not like it's science or anything.

14. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apology accepted. I never tried to insult christianity either. It's just that all the suffering from making others think they are sinful is making me feel emotional. People have suffered so much.

15. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Christians believe EVERYONE is a sinner; including ourselves. Don't take it personal. I'm a sinner. I know I need a savior. I plead the blood of Jesus. It doesn't make me perfect; it makes me forgiven.

16. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have heard so many stories about it. There are such people out there. And you not knowing what I was talking and wanting evidence about what I said made me think so.

The evidence is in the history. There are flaws. I'm not arguing about it anymore. Take what you accept and what you don't is up to you.

17. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I agree many people haven't studied the history, but many people have. I don't think that has anything to do with their feeling of being saved, and the hope, joy, and peace they receive in their life. Bible. Their on the cross didn't have time to jump down and study the Tanakh to find all the scripture Jesus fulfilled, either.
    I spent half of my life studying the biological effects of WHY the Bible would say not to eat or do certain things. I haven't found any "flaws" in that aspect. I also am not aware of any "flaws" in the history or archeology of the bible.

18. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That was supposed to say "thief on the cross"

19. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Telling people they are sinful is rude and uncalled for. Not everyone believe or have studied the bible or want to have anything to do with it. I don't believe I am sinful. This is not my faith. I am not Christian or part of any religion.

Even if you don't believe telling people that it's not sinful is being helpful, then it may be very opposite to the person. You don't know what is going on in someone's life.

What if telling people they are sinful like they think has an opposite effect? They suppress their feelings, trying to appease people, like for example family members who tell it's a sin. It causes more mental health issues and even them to become suicidal. I've suppressed my feelings since a young child. It all has given me some serious mental issues. It has made me sick.

Religion can cause great comfort and believing in God. Though I'm not religious I believe in God. I've had near death experiences. And in my darkest times praying has helped bring me that comfort.

Please be mindful of what you say, even if you don't believe that the bible is flawed.

20. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry, but I'm not sure where you think I called *you* a sinner. I've made it clear in this forum and this thread that I apply my beliefs to ME. We were discussing the Christian faith; and the Christian faith considers everyone a sinner, regardless your specific sin. I told you what some of my sins are. My faith in God is my identity. My sexuality is second to my faith in God and relationship with Jesus. You don't have to believe my religion is valid, but you attacking my faith is equally comparable to a straight person attacking your identity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.