1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News State removes info about LGBTQ helplines from website

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by mnguy, Jul 8, 2023.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hopefully people are still able to find the resources they need on their own as teens know how to find what they want. Erasing the whole page doesn't seem like it was warranted. It gives the message to me that LGBTQ+ people are not welcome or supported in Virginia. Especially youth need to be supported or they have worse outcomes in life. Mental health pros know this but Virginia isn't going to listen to them.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/07...t-lgbtq-suicide-helplines-from-state-website/

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is strange because Virginia is a blue state. NoVa is a big part of the population and there are also many college towns. It periodically elects Republicans for key spots but not all the time. But right now their governor is a Republican.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I found this interesting. This map was under "Jesusland" in Wiki. I was raised in a Christian religion and am not offended by that because right wing crazies can be dangerous.

Jesusland map - Jesusland map - Wikipedia

It might be a little off.

Should be blue: Colorado and Nevada

Either are already blue or will soon be blue: Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia; maybe even Arizona

It makes no sense to me that Florida is not blue with all the more liberal people in their big cities and all the immigrants who live there.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sure hope so if the gerrymandering isn't so bad they can't reliably overcome it to have proportional representation. Regardless of the majority party, the government is for all its people including all us non-straight and non-cis people. Resources to help prevent youth depression and suicide should be important to everyone. It isn't really political but gets twisted into that unfortunately. It's about public health to be informed and as if your state wants you to be there, to live, work, love, and have the resources you need. Fortunately the youth are very smart and will find what they need regardless of this change.

5. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow for Virginia to remove the whole LGBTQ+ resources page from their state website is all sorts of messed up. This doesn't bode well to me...it does indeed send a scary message that LGBTQ+ Americans aren't welcome in that state. Seems really sus.
    [​IMG]

6. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been to Virginia, and one of my biggest supporters is from there. With how close Virginia is to D.C. though, this doesn't sit well with me....