1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by THC, May 30, 2023.

1. THC

THC

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi all,
    I signed up with an element of trepidation but decided to take the plunge. As my therapist and I discussed I needed to find a place to share my thoughts in a safe, supportive environment.

I’m navigating my way through my sexuality and accepting it. I’m in a straight relationship and have been for seven years but it isn’t what I want deep down. I’m terrified of hurting others and have been putting the happiness of others ahead of my own happiness for far too long. That has taken its toll through depression, alcoholism and a criminal record.

I am tired of living within this box and am committed to taking small steps to explore and discover a route to happiness.

Thanks for reading.

THC

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy our community!

3. Nameerf76

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Lots of supportive people here. Great that you're seeing a therapist - that's always a big step in itself!

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    THC.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When I first joined Empty Closets I was in need of a lot of support and encouragement and I found it here…EC is a safe place. I hope that you'll find good things here too! Folks here will talk to you and share...you don't have to be afraid of asking questions...we're glad to have you! Empty Closets is all about making connections and giving LGBT folks a voice when they otherwise don't have one in their day-to-day lives. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who may have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you. I am so glad that you are seeing a therapist. Finding a therapist that worked with the LGBTQ Community was one of the best choices that I ever made. He helped me so much to understand myself and accept myself. You are right that you need to pay attention to your own needs. I always think of the speech that the flight attendants give where they say "if the oxygen masks drop down, put yours on first before you try to help anyone else" We really do need to care for ourselves before we can actually care well for someone else. I do hope that you will find the help and friendship that you need here on EC. :old_smile:

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome and I love your name! Great advice to get support and to work on boundaries with other people. It's useful in all parts of life I think but I never learned about it until much older. Lots of important mental health stuff we never learn which makes life extra hard.

6. caden0803

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to Empty Closets THC