1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soooo i may be trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AstolfoWithGUN, Mar 8, 2023.

1. AstolfoWithGUN

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sooo
    I feel like I am, I even go by she/her, feel more comfortable with that
    Have the trans flag in most pfps, hell i even have a badge lol
    I feel like I am, it only feels right to think of myself as that
    But the confusing part is I, a lot of the time, don't really feel it much, but I dont know whether thats just me repressing my own feelings, or doubt or whatever it may be. But when i do rarely feel strongly about it i feel better, like alot, but sometimes worse, idrk how to say it
    I wont go any deeper coz i may not even get replies, but if someone is willing to listen more, i have a hell of a lot to talk about when it comes to this

b4tm4n and DragonChaser like this.
  2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel more comfortable with she/her pronouns, then it's a good start. You could try and do more gender confirming things, if you can, like trying on feminine clothing and see how it makes you feel. When I started trying on more masculine clothing and hairstyle it felt really great. You're in no hurry to figure things out fast. Take time to look deep into you. How it would feel, if you'd suddenly changed into a woman by pressing a button, that changes your gender completely?

If you ever need to talk, then my PM's are open.

quebec and DragonChaser like this.
  3. danna19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's perfectly normal to have doubts and conflicting feelings about your gender identity, and it's okay to take your time in exploring and figuring out what feels right for you.

It's important to remember that everyone's experience with gender identity is unique, and there's no right or wrong way to feel or express yourself. It's also okay if you don't feel strongly about your gender identity all the time. Gender can be fluid and may change over time, and that's okay too.

If you feel comfortable, I would encourage you to explore your feelings and thoughts about your gender identity in a safe and supportive environment. This could be with a trusted friend or family member, a therapist, or a support group for transgender individuals.

Remember that you are valid, and your feelings are important. You deserve to be respected and supported.

quebec, 74andHome and DragonChaser like this.
  4. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like the most important thing is finding who you are amid all the noise. What do you really want or feel or love away from everyone else's expectations of you or those things?

In other words, don't put expectations on yourself. Find you and love that person. If you'd like to talk to me more about it, I'm a good listener and I'm willing to hear you out, regardless of what you say, without judgment.

I looked at your profile and you're quite young so it's not unusual to feel a lot of strange conflicting emotions given your age, especially when peer pressure is a factor, which I can only assume it must be in some capacity.

I remember what that was like and I wish I had some antidote to those things, but I can offer at least some guidance in how to figure out what's going on, in some ways. It's also good to get a therapist and talk with them about these sorts of things; I'd prioritize that, especially given the climate we currently live in.

Either way, whatever you choose, please keep yourself safe and take good care of yourself! Good food, plenty of rest, and as many hugs from the people you love as possible! ^_^

quebec and 74andHome like this.
  5. AstolfoWithGUN

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i think thatd be great if you wanted to thankyouuu

DragonChaser likes this.
  6. AstolfoWithGUN

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    id be happy to if its okay with youu

DragonChaser likes this.
  7. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really identify with not feeling it all the time. I struggle with that and have for decades. I think it simply has to do with being Bi (confused). I was born a woman in a man’s body. That’s the first time I’ve written that! I managed to hide it for so long and now here I am retired and much older than I ‘should be’ starting to come out. If there’s any advice I can give you - don’t wait until your in your 70’s to discover and live the real you. Do it while you’re young and enjoy being who you are in this life. Otherwise….

DragonChaser, quebec and b4tm4n like this.
  8. b4tm4n

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i understand you, i feel the same if you want talk i´m gonna be here

DragonChaser and 74andHome like this.
  9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    AstolfoWithGUN.....Lots of good advice above! :old_smile: You don't have to be in a hurry, perhaps taking some time to really think about things will help a little. There's no "deadline" to make a decision! I'm sure that you have watched trans youtubers...but just in case, here are some favorites of mine that you might like: FtM: Alex Bertie, Jammidodger, Noah Finnce, Luke Wale, Sam Collins, Ty Turner, Dakota Aspen. Are your parents supporting you in this, or have you come out to them yet? If you haven't - then again - you don't need to be in a rush. Taking your time to be sure could be a better choice. Here is are some suggestions about coming out:
    *****Come out when YOU are ready. Don't let anyone push you into it if you are not at the place where coming out is right for you.
    *****Don't come out if there is a real chance that you will be in danger. That includes being kicked out of your house, having no way to support yourself, having all privileges (phone, computer, friends, etc.) taken away, being verbally or emotionally abused as well as the danger of physical abuse. Waiting can be very difficult, but your safety and emotional well-being are more important. You are 15 years old...there is a while yet until you are an adult. Even though waiting might be really difficult, living in a house where there is constant conflict because you came out and your parents did not accept it could easily be much worse. You have to make that decision and in some cases waiting for a while until you will be taken more seriously is a much better choice. I'm not saying that you have to wait, I just think that you should give it serious consideration. A lot depends on how you think your parents will handle your revelation.
    *****Being out in middle school/high school is easier now than it used to be...but depending on your school and your relationship with other students, it can still be a problem. Try to evaluate these things and see what you seriously think about the results of coming out would be. Sometimes waiting...even when it is so difficult...is the only safe way to come out.
    *****You might want to consider using a letter WHEN the time comes to tell your parents. A big plus to a letter is that you don't have to be present when the letter is read. That can be a very big help as it eliminates the potential face-to-face confrontation that can sometimes be difficult. Coming out in writing means you will not be interrupted or face a barrage of questions that you need to answer immediately, in the heat of the moment. You get time and they get time too and that counts for a lot. It gives the people reading the letter some time to think before they talk to you. After all, you've had time to think about your sexuality, perhaps for years…giving them at least some time to think about it too only seems fair! :old_cool: There are some great sample coming out letters here on Empty Closets that could be a big help to you. Even if you don't eventually use the letter, taking time to think about it and to write one will help you to be sure to say what you need to say and leave out the rest! You can then use the letter as a "script" for when you do come out face-to-face. Check out the letters (see below)...they could be a real help!
    *****Also...when you do come out, whether it's tomorrow or a year from now, your parents and/or friends will probably have questions. Take some time now to think about what those questions might be. Such as; "How do you know you're trans" or "How long have you felt this way?" etc. The questions themselves will vary a great deal depending upon your family and friends...so take that into consideration. If you work up a list of five or six probable questions with the answers already planned, you will likely be perceived as a more mature, serious person.
    *****Letters:
    Dear [parent],
    This letter is a bit difficult for me to write, but I feel that it is important for me to write it. There is something I have been carrying inside of myself for some time now, and I now feel ready to come to you with it.
    I am transgender. Specifically, I identify as [insert gender identity here], which means that I [insert either the proper definition of your gender, or the most easily understood explanation for your gender identity that you feel they will understand (i.e. “I feel like a girl on the inside.”)].
    I know this may be a bit difficult to understand at first, and it may be very new to you, but it is something I have known for some time. I trust you with this information about who I am, and I would like if in return that you start calling me by my chosen name, which is [if applicable, here], and using my pronouns, which are [here].
    I plan to [insert aspects of social transition you plan to pursue here, such as changes to your presentation. If you plan to pursue a medical transition in the near future, such as hormone replacement therapy or surgery, you may mention this here, too.] This is to help me feel more at home in my body as well as the world, and it’s a feeling I hope that you can understand.
    I’m still your child, with the same likes and dislikes – I’ll just be living more authentically as the true me. And I know that you may have some slip-ups calling me [Name] or using [pronouns] at first, and that is okay. I would just like to know that you are trying your best to learn, understand, and support me. If you do slip-up, you do not have to make a big deal out of it. Correcting yourself is enough for me to see that you care about and respect who I am.
    If you have questions, I want to talk about them and help answer them. I also understand you may want to speak with other parents of trans children to learn more. There are plenty of resources for parents and families in person and online, and I am happy to show you some of them.
    Thank you for your understanding and your support,
    [Your name]

Dear Friends and Family,
    For months, I have wrestled how best to address speculation concerning a major change in my life. To most of you, this will come as a shock. It is not my intent. However, there really is no other way to convey what I’m dealt with, why I sought help, and what has taken place. It has taken many rewrites, prayer, thought, knowing what I’m about to share, will be controversial for some and difficult for most to digest. However, I felt it was needed in order to close out this chapter not leaving you speculating.
    From the outside looking in, I suspect one would have thought I lived the good life. In many ways I did. However, in many others, this was not the case. They say, never judge a book by its cover. Well, in my case, you were just seeing the cover. Inside was something much different. Much like a tsunami coming ashore without warning, so too was my life, shattering dreams, hopes, promises and expectations. No one knew the internal struggle, nor the pain I have lived with most of my life, including my own family. Deep inside, I was hurting but could not tell anyone out of fear of rejection.
    In short, my brain does not; has not; nor ever will; identify with my anatomical sex assigned at birth. The diagnosis is “Gender Dysphoria.” Unlike most medical conditions, you can’t see what I have. Ultrasounds cannot measure it, MRI’s cannot scan it, and blood work cannot identify it. Confirmation of diagnosis is through relief of symptoms found though medical intervention. Just like most diseases or birth defects, there is no clear cause.
    They say the hardest step in fixing a problem is admitting you have one. I had one, but I couldn’t face it. Time and time again, throughout my life I tried to run from it, but it wasn’t going away. Since early childhood, I tried to mirror my behavior like that of my father and other male role models, thinking my actions would ultimately program my thinking. It was a false assumption, but for a child I knew no better.
    This carried over into adult life as well, thinking if I just overcome the next hurdle; sooner or later, my brain would be normal. I prayed it away, suppressed it, joined accountability groups but nothing changed. My brain could not relate to men, yet I kept going through the motions, playing a role so that I could be accepted. Over time, it has taken a toll on me to the point I was beginning to check out on life.
    I spent a considerable amount of time studying “Gender Dysphoria,” seeking answers to what I was living with. Endocrinologists, psychologists and other experts in these fields gave me insight as to why I was suffering. In short, I was told this was biological in nature, and nothing could be done to change it.
    Popular belief outside of the medical community holds that people with “Gender Dysphoria” are “Gender Confused.” This is far from the truth. No one would choose to undergo a drastic change, being “Confused.” We are born with it and is inherent with us from our earliest recollection.
    Within weeks of beginning hormone drugs, the anxiety I lived with most of my adult life began to fade. Never before, had I felt such comfort. The need to focus on concentrating was no longer there. The war going on inside my brain was subsiding to the point of tranquility. No amount of therapy, suppression or mind altering games, could provide such a relief.
    To you, my friends and family who are reading the news for the first time, I am sorry if this has hurt you in any way. It was never my intent. You are receiving this letter because you have impacted my life in some way, and I will forever be indebted to you. Although my heart and desire is to remain your friend, I recognize to some this may not be the case. I am okay with that. However, I want you to know, you will always have a special place in my heart and I will treasure the memories.
    *****Believe me...we will talk to you and do our best to help in any way that we can because here on Empty Closets we do care! So if you more to talk about or more questions to ask, go right ahead and we'll all do our best to help! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

10. b4tm4n

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i don´t know what i am, i don´t know if i am transgender o what i am, and i really scare, i don´t want this, i just want be happy without questions, i want know what i am but at the same time i don´t want know, i cry all day and all night thinkin, today in the school i cry alot and my teachers are very worried about me, i just don´t want live this but i can´t pretend that this doesn´t exist, this happening to my for 8 years i can´t pretend that it´s not important know it

11. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, it's okay. It is all confusing and overwhelming. Hugs your way. Take baby steps. It was the same for me. I cried all the time, but eventually it got better, when I started to understand and accept myself more.

b4tm4n, DragonChaser and 74andHome like this.
  12. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I can tell you’re right on time. It took me forever to even admit to myself that I wasn’t the man I had pretended to be for so long. I just couldn’t pretend anymore. Now I’m trying to find my way through the maze of my consciousness and connect to others who have gone through the same confusion and fear. Believe me, I’m still confused and afraid, but if I don’t put it out there nothing changes. You’ll sort it out and it will take what it takes. Be patient and love yourself. We’re here for you.

13. b4tm4n

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What small steps can I take?

#13 b4tm4n, Mar 26, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2023
  14. b4tm4n

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    what things make you feel better?
    how you can put it out?

15. b4tm4n

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    can you give me examples for the baby steps?

how you started to undersand and accept yourself?

74andHome likes this.
  16. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes of course.

By baby steps I meant that you don't need to hurry with anything, especially if there is doubts. Think through what would you wish and would make you happiest. Do you wish to have opposite sex body parts? How would you feel, if suddenly you could change your gender?

Small steps to take:

You can try and do gender affirming things, if it's safe to do so and see how it would make you feel. Like using opposite sex products, clothing.

Main thing I would reccomend is therapy and also read the other threads here and see what resonates with you. In those threads, there could be helpful things for you. It can be hard to talk to a therapist about it, but I just wrote them a note and handed it to them. Luckily they were professional about it.

You could try and google and find the local lgbt+ center homepage. They can help you more and have contacts where to turn to, if
    you may wish to come out and wish hormones, surgery and so on in the future. They have support groups.

The story of how did I accept myself. I had no other choice. I struggled a lot. There was internalized transphobia, dysphpria, euphoria and I also started questioning my sexuality. I was overwhelmed and suicidal. Going to psychiayrist and talking to others here and sharing the experiences is something that really helped and trying to love myself just the way I am. I hate being transgender, but what matters the most is my own happiness and wellbeing.

b4tm4n and 74andHome like this.
  17. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree with Rayland. I have been seeing a therapist for almost a year. It’s been so helpful. it’s important to get the right therapist. I choose a woman who works with transgender folks. She is straight but totally gets it.We reached point where she recommends I go to a support group. 1st meeting is later this week. I’m excited and scared, but really looking forward to going. My biggest concern is that everyone but me will be under 30 and here I am in my 70’s. I am retired so I have a lot of time to journal, read, watch videos, etc. I go to a coffee shop a few times a week with more feminine dress. I wear a bra with inserts. When I go in I feel like I’m presenting as the person I really am. I will stay for a couple of hours and read. Some people notice my ‘boobs’, most don’t as far as I can tell. It’s getting more and more comfortable though. So, bottom line I feel like I’m making progress. This forum has been so helpful and i can’t say enough about how it important it is for me to be here and share my truth. You’ll do fine too. Slow and easy…..

Rayland likes this.