1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like a family member doesn’t believe i’m a lesbian..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xfemmelesbian, Mar 18, 2023.

1. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Oh I did haha! I appreciated your advice and hearing your perspective just as much.

#21 xfemmelesbian, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    Wanderlost likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad things worked out! It's also incredibly refreshing to see how compassionate and understanding you are regarding your mother's mental health issues. Not everyone can be so selfless and forgiving, so it's nice to see that you do and that it ultimately has helped you to resolve this issue with her.

I hope you continue to grow and nurture this bond with your mother, and that she eventually gets the help she needs to work through her own demons.

xfemmelesbian likes this.
  3. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you, hearing your perspective was very helpful. I do try to be understanding of others as I know how it feels to be misunderstood because I frequently am with a couple of family members, one of my friends in particular and a lot of mental health professionals due to BPD. Plus I just think I am a naturally empathetic person, I have also been told this by others. I just don’t want people to feel how I have done/still do. I just like to make others happy, including my mum.

I hope so too, we have always been extremely close but there have been a lot of issues too. She was very young when she had me- not even 20 years old so I think that made a difference. I hope she does too but she doesn’t realise she has a problem in a lot of areas so i’m not sure she will in those areas.

BiGemini87 likes this.
  4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is really great news. Hopefully things can continue in a positive manner

xfemmelesbian likes this.