1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phallos vs Metas?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by mavericksterr, Nov 22, 2022.

1. mavericksterr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    is there difference between the two or are they the same thing? which one is better? i saw them being used on other forums and was curious, and the stuff i can find on google is confusing me :’)

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The two are very different, and neither is better or worse than the other, it all depends on personal preference.

I'll start with phalloplasty first.
    Generally the length is much longer than the metoidioplasty method. Though the surgeon needs a skin graft taken from either the underside of the forearm or thigh.

This is a multiple step process. They need to first shape the penis and insert the erection rod, insert the testicle implants, and do any revisions. Depending on which erection rod you decide on getting, you may have to go back and get it replaced through another surgery. Again, depending on which one you get, the pump is usually located in the testicles to get erect or flaccid.

This is typically the method that needs a longer time to heal.

Metoidioplasty.
    This method takes what you already have grown from testosterone, reroutes the urethra, and adds testicular implants. Though generally smaller, you can get naturally erect. If you're unhappy with the length of metoidioplasty, you can always get phalloplasty later. You cannot get metoidioplasty if you have already undergone phalloplasty.

However, you may not be able to penetrate a partner with this method or be able to stand to pee. Both depend on how much growth you got while on testosterone.

This is the method that generally needs less recovery time. It is also less expensive.

Here's an article with more details for both phallo and meta:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/transgender/metoidioplasty#procedure

BocciBee and Rayland like this.
  3. mavericksterr

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    thank you! this helped a ton :slight_smile: /gen