1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Aelin56, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Aelin56

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it normal to be romantically and sexually attracted to men but not find them visually attractive? I often had crushes on men that weren't based on their looks but on their personality and other things that are not connected to physical appearance, and it makes me unsure if I actually like men.

2. Nameerf76

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if anything is "normal"! But my wife describes herself as demisexual - maybe that's a concept that might fit? She finds women more visually attractive than men but is only really attracted to people (male or female) based on personality etc...

Aelin56 likes this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, there's absolutely nothing wrong with being solely attracted to someone's personality. In general, humans are visual creatures, so oftentimes attraction starts with physical and moves into emotional/psychological connections, but other times it's happened in the reverse--wherein someone finds someone physically attractive after they've come to like them as a person.

What you're experiencing may not be the status quo, but that doesn't mean there's something wrong with it, or that you're attractions/feelings are less valid. :slight_smile:

Ipswichfan and Aelin56 like this.
  4. FireFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    With the human mind being such a complex biological computer I think the term 'normal' applied in a larger sense is literally a fantasy and individually 'normal' is highly subjective. If that is how you feel then that is normal :blush:

Aelin56 likes this.