1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating Site

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Redmelon, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Redmelon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So a little over a month ago I decided to join an online dating site for those identifying as women and it also had trans men. The thought of actually going to a club and talking terrified me and I thought this would be the next best thing. It seemed like everyone was either a vegan, super sporty, or was looking for someone who would drop everything to go explore Peru, not that any of those were wrong it just wasn't for me, although I could see myself as vegan.

A week into the app, I started to get fatigue, people didn't talk, they'd send a friend request, then nothing I'd send a friend request still nothing. Then when I did mange to have a conversation, it was stilted, I didn't have funny stories to share or exciting experiences that would entertain, and I would eventually be ghosted. I thought I could do small talk but it turns out that even online I cant do it.

Then I met someone, we started a conversation early one morning and kept it going for three days. We just clicked, it was great, we talked, had video chats, more texting, then she came to see me.

We went for a walk, had lunch, chatted and before she left, I had my first kiss with a woman. I think that could have been the best kiss I've had in my life, up to that point. Turns out the practical was way better than the theory.

Prisma, FireFox, Rayland and 2 others like this.
  2. Really

Woohoo!
    Keep us updated if you’re up for it. Who doesn’t like a good dating story! :}

Cinnamoon likes this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! I'm so glad you found success after all the ghosting and otherwise lacking connections. Dating sites can be very hit or miss, it seems, and I completely understand how deep that sense of disparity runs when you don't have the same types of life goals so many in the dating world do. To find someone you clicked with is a major accomplishment, and it's so good to hear you had a positive first experience.

I hope the rest of your journey proves to be as stimulating and enjoyable. :slight_smile:

Redmelon and Cinnamoon like this.
  4. FireFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Brilliant, nice one. Sometimes all you need is perseverance :grinning:

I keep looking into dating sites but then freak out so currently trying to work up the courage :unamused:

5. Redmelon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know exactly how you feel, I started to join so many times, then deleted what I had written. It took me about 4 days to eventually succeed and only because I closed my eyes to press send. LOL

FireFox likes this.
  6. Rainbow64

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know what you mean about dating apps being disappointing. It took me a long time before I finally connected with a guy I like. Having that first passionate kiss with another guy and just enjoying the flirting, touching, first dates made me feel like a teenager again

Redmelon likes this.