1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FoxFeathers, Sep 26, 2022.

1. FoxFeathers

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Looking for advice/knowledge/reassurance maybe?

So I am currently questioning my gender identity, though I'm pretty sure I'm a trans guy or transmasc. I've ordered a binder, but now I'm sort of having second thoughts. Some articles say that binding could cause damage to breast tissue and make them sag (or something?), and I'm not sure if I want that just in case it turns out I'm not trans, and also just in general. I'm still a teen, and thus still developing, and I don't want to cause any permanent damage, but I just don't know. I wouldn't wear the binder too often, because it would be hard to maintain safe hours during school days, but it still makes me anxious. I mostly want to know if there's anything to be worried about, and/or if I should even care.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be adviced not to wear binders for a long periods of time and take it off for sleeping. If you feel any pain at all from wearing the binder, then take it off. It's also important to have a good hygiene too, so do wash it.

You can always also try sports bras instead. It has worked better for me, but even that I wont wear at night.

Feel it out and see if it works for you. Every person is different. Listen to your body and be safe about it and you will be fine.

Hawk likes this.