1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one figure out there non binary

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ebony, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I have been feeling like I am bigender for a mouth or 2 and really confused I am quite femiant and masculinet but I kinda feel like a imposter. I have not felt any body dysmorphia
    I don’t want to dress femiant I have been falling out with my male friends I am just so confused. If there any advise you would like to give to a question non binary person please tell me it.

Omnis Leevene likes this.
  2. Ebony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am also a biological boy

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Any advice? CHILL.

Ebony, not that I think we should go back to the 1970s but the downside of there being more information about trans and non-binary issues is that it's easy, in 2022, to add 2 and 2 together and make 17.

I think we all recognise now that gender is a spectrum. No one is 100% male or 100% female (thank God). Having a masculine side (if you're AFAB) or having a feminine side (if you're AMAB) in no way means that you're transgender or non-binary. It just means you're a balanced person. It actually means you're really normal and average!

Perhaps that isn't what you want to hear. But falling out with male friends if you're male is no indication that you're trans or NB, it just means that you've fallen out with your male friends.

Good luck, Beth x

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you meant gender dysphoria and if you did, then do know, that gender dysphoria is not a requirement to be non-binary.
    Body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria are two different things. I have both, so I needed to hop in here and clarify these definitions.

Gender dysphoria - distress, unease of not being the gender you feel as.
    Body dysmorphia - is a mental health condition, where a person spends a lot of time worrying about their looks and flaws.

There is no need to dress special way, if you don't want to and there are also gender neutral clothing out there too. Just be you and if your friends don't accept you like this, then they weren't your friends to begin with. It happens. Good news is that accepting people are out there and you can find new friends. Best of luck to you.