1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bsg75apollo, Jul 23, 2022.

1. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, so it starts back in April when I come out to my wife and she comes out to me at the same time. Turns out she also wants a divorce unrelated to any issues of sexuality. After initial shock and confusion, I come to accept it. Mind you not happy about it, but I get it. We are getting along well after some initial adjustment on my part. I start to make steps to move forward and make a dating profile. She ends up admitting g to creating one as well. No animosity, but she is surprised that I beat her to the punch. I'm more reserved than she is. I'm having better luck than her (maybe a little jealousy from her) and I have been on two dates with the same guy. Things are going very well. On Thursday, she gets a happy birthday text from a guy she met about 10 years ago when she went back to school. She tells him about us and he admits to having a crush on her this whole time. No shock to me. A little bit of a shock to find out that the crush was mutual. So while she was out of town this weekend, they were texting back and forth. Now he is over at the house, they are in the living room having what is for all intents and purposes having a date while I am in the bedroom teasing her by text by telling her that it is awfully quiet out there, but that it is probably hard to talk with someone's tongue in your mouth and threatening to make the Alexa in the living room play "Loverboy" by Billy Ocean. Meanwhile, I'm texting my potential new boyfriend and texting my ex wife aabout all this. I just had to share because this is just all so surreal.

Rayland, Bludzee, TrueSpirit and 2 others like this.
  2. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

:slight_smile: So happy for you
    Love the texting thing. Sounds like something I'd do to my husband and vis versa.

3. PrettyBoyBlue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You know the phrase, "stranger than fiction?" Life is never short of surprises!

I've been following your story, and it's so reassuring to hear that both of you are growing, even though you're on different paths. I think everyone wishes that the people around them can grow too, but often that's not possible.
    Honestly, I couldn't think of a better outcome... good for you two! That sounds really wonderful :grin: