1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost..

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by KelTik, Jul 18, 2022.

1. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ended a long term relationship I've been in since right out of high school. I'm scared and lost and have no support. No family/no friends.. I'm still living with him while trying to get on my feet.
    It hasn't been the happiest or healthiest relationship to say the least...
    I've been battling with my sexuality the entire way through it and at some point last week (alone and scared or not) I snapped. I just want better for myself and my life. I haven't had any contact with anyone else other then him in probably years now. I have a terrible relationship with my family and I reached out for help getting out of the relationship and they basically left me on my own.
    I live in my head and my day to day consists of cleaning cooking and dissociating. I have checked out for a large chunk of my life to get through all of the trauma and I want to wake up now.
    I have tried to reach out for help throughout my life when I was a kid. No one listened. And as an adult people listen less. I'm lost. I haven't had a friend/support. In years. I have pushed myself so far away from myself I don't know how to even admit I'm lesbian. I have shamed myself because others shamed me and now I think I believe it.. Im desperate for a friend..

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    KelTik.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****I am so sorry for the place that you find yourself in. One thing that you can count on however is that you now have friends who will not let you down!! We are here for you now, we are here for you tomorrow and we will be here for you for as long as you need us! Empty Closets literally saved me when I was at my very lowest and about to make a very, very bad decision. They supported me and helped me to get my feet back under me. And we will do the same thing for you. I'm sorry that your family let you down, so let Empty Closets be your new family. You don't need to be ashamed because of your sexuality...we understand what it feels like to be rejected because we're different than others. We've been there ourselves and know what it feels like. You can share anything that is causing you emotional and/or physical distress and we'll do our best to help you through it. We are so glad that you've found us and as far as we are concerned, you are a part of our big, wonderful LGBTQIA+ Family! :old_big_grin:

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can post a question on my Profile Page or send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

#2 quebec, Jul 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  3. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thank you.. I'm in tears and the last couple weeks I've felt that bad decision looming over head. My last ditch effort was to reach out for help and see if anything came of it. I'm just feeling hopeless and stuck. I've always been the one to pull others out the mud and now I sit alone and in the hardened clay everyone left behind after I helped them out. I'm hoping I can find the strength and support to get up and move forward. Thank you for your time and kind words

4. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. But it's good you're here. It sounds like you've spent so much time and energy helping other people, but now you're feeling kind of abandoned yourself. The good thing is you've listened to yourself and made a decision that suited you. Things can and will get better. There are so many ways to connect with like-minded people, even if it's not easy. Apps, forums, support groups. It sounds like you're managing yourself day to day, looking after yourself and doing things like cooking which can be great for our mental wellbeing.

My story is different to yours, but I struggle too. With loneliness and feeling disconnected from the world around me. But we're still both young and there's hope. In ten years time things will be completely different. Even though it's so hard right now, even by willing yourself to have the strength and support to carry on, you're taking baby steps in the direction of actually making that happen.

The key is to keep going and not give up, no matter how hard things seem. It's really not that easy in reality, but for every time we put one of our feet in front of the other and take a tiny step forward, we're making progress on ourselves and our lives, even if we may not see it in the moment.

I've probably spouted a load of waffle there. I hope some of it helped even a tiny bit. And if not, know that you're definitely not alone.

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    KelTik.....We are here for you. You can vent to us and we will listen. We'll do our best to give you suggestions that we think may help. Whatever is hurting you, whatever is stopping you from making progress, we promise to do our very best to help you find a way to overcome it. You are part of our family and we do care about our family! So don't hold back...share the things that are hurting you...we really do want to help! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No s

No seriously as sad as it sounds any form of kindness is making me realize how much I needed ANYTHING. So seriously thank you.
    I have been so isolated and out of touch with the world that until now I hadn't realized how bad it truly was.
    Subconsciously yes or I wouldn't be here but consciously I walk around like everything is fine. When in fact not having a single person to talk to other then my boyfriend or occasionally my parents for over a year... Neither of which can have anything past casual conversation because if emotions get involved they are so emotionally stunted they turn off like a light switch. Which in turn leaves me feeling as if I've done something wrong by feeling.
    So to cope I became an emotionless robot like them while slowly dying inside becoming a literal shell of a human being.. And to even be able to acknowledge I can't stand men and am still with one for the time being let me chuck that weight off my chest.
    So no nothing is to cheesy and quite literally anything helps right now. Especially someone validating any form of emotions I have and being there even for the briefest of moments in the loneliness. Thank you
    Sorry for getting so deep there but that's the only truth I have to tell at the moment lol..

7. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you David and to be honest I'm scared shitless. Completely terrified of going out in the world. Not only trying to openly come out as liking my same sex but in general.
    I went from crap childhood and parents to a very heavy dysfunctional relationship. My mom basically created life long Stockholm syndrome that I broke free from her and without realizing it dove right into with my boyfriend. I thought it was something it wasn't and I thought I was being freed from the abuse. It turned out to be just as bad in many ways.
    I have to give him some credit to the ways he was there for me. BUT it did not make up for the amount I endured and what brought me here today.

In my broken also dysfunctional and heavily abused mind I did things to keep myself safe that I now realize broke me further.
    I had to stop working to keep up with his insecurities that I believed we're my fault. I lost all my friends. I moved away moved again and moved again.

I'm now at a point where no matter how scared I want a better life. I studied so much about phycology/abuse/trauma. And it's what snapped me out and woke me up enough to say I'm done.

All the while I'm very much attracted to females. I guess I should be calling him my ex. He told me lesbians/bisexuals we're gross. Years later I find out he finds it very attractive he just told me that so I wouldn't cheat on him. Okay thanks for the years of added shame.

Long story short. I'm trying to figure out how to leave. I never thought I'd be in this situation so I kept quite for a very very long time and just suffered in silence and embarrassment of what was happening to me.
    I don't know any social skills I'm scared to leave the house even to take the trash out. Idk how to get a job or how to get into an apartment by myself. I don't have any means money or anyone to help.
    My physical health is worse then my mental with all my aliments and I'm scared .. I'm really fucking scared... I'm sorry for verbally vomiting on this thread but wow I needed to get that out. I'm terribly sorry

8. rachelamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hey KelTik,

i just wanted to tell u that u have absolutely nothing to apologise for, u are so welcome here and we are all here to support u. i know i'm just another random person trying to figure her shit out but i truly do care about u and am here if u ever need someone to vent to. i only wish that there was more i could do to help, u have been through so much and are so incredibly brave to reach out like this, i'm so proud of u <3

i'm really sorry i don't have anything of real value to help ur situation, i'm rooting for u love <3

9. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'll probably sound like a broken record eventually. But having someone who cares is huge for me right now. I truly haven't had contact with anyone for years let alone someone who gives a crap. So YOU don't apologize and I thank you
    I appreciate you and your words of encouragement. Honestly through everything I've been through and the trauma I carry. I'm afraid and half feeling like this is to good to be true and there's a catch and people don't actually just care like this for no reason.
    As much as I need help with a million other things in my life and have no idea what I'm doing going to do or how to get to the next step. I really just came here for support.
    I have to move out get a job and do what I was supposed to do at 18 at now almost 25. So to not have to be totally alone and terrified doing it is what I'm looking for I think. I know your family and friends are supposed to be there for you through good bad hard and any other times in your life but I truly have no one. And it wasn't until recently how truly depressed I was from it started sinking in.
    I know it sounds silly and really depressing but I stopped the other day and thought if I died no one would care. And the few people like my parents and ex it would probably take them years to even find out I died. And then would THEY even care?
    And that's when I realized I needed to find people friends family anything because that's a sadness I don't wish on anyone ..

10. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've felt that feeling to be honest. With people I've been chatting to, who said they cared about me, etc. I thought, if I suddenly died, they literally wouldn't even notice. It's one of the worst feelings I've ever had.

But one thing we can do is live for us. You matter, whether the people around you see that or not. I feel the same with where I am in life honestly. I'm 25 in just under a year, and I feel lost. Confused. Like every little thing I do is the wrong thing. But all we can do is try. It's okay to get things wrong, to make mistakes. To mess up. It's how we learn. We can't do everything right the first, second, third, fourth or even fifth time and beyond sometimes, in fact often we never do things perfectly at all. Most people are lost and confused in some way, or if they're not they're definitely just extremely good at improvising and winging it. It doesn't matter where you are in life, as long as you're here and trying to do as well as you can for yourself then things always have a chance of getting better.

People here do care and want to hear you. Want to help you. And we can't always do that in the most practical of ways. But sometimes like you've said, just being heard and validated can be worth so much to us. Can make the world of difference in itself. So I'm happy that being here is helping you so far, even if it's just a little bit.

11. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

I am sorry you are going through this.
    I get how you feel though. I shamed myself to the point I believed I was straight until I was over 30. I got married a year after high school to the man I'm with now and we have 5 kids. If it wasn't for his support, I'd still be hiding and shaming myself. (I shamed myself unconsciously, I didn't know I was doing it anymore because it was such a habit). Slowly I was able to embrace my sexuality but I still find myself feeling guilty, especially since I am still with my husband. My advice to you based on my experience is to give yourself time and love. There is no quick way to undo trauma and habits.

12. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will be 25 in a about a month. And I feel you on everything you said. As much as I need others in my circle to be there for me I also want to reciprocate that! I truly am craving building long lasting connections with others. You have to start somewhere might as well be some random people you met online and build from there right lol. I truly mean it when I say you reach out to me too it doesn't help as much when someone just does something or tries to be there for someone one sided. The connections build when you're there for each other and have each other's back. Let's make some dumb mistakes together and make each other feel a little less like shit about ourselves everyday? Lol you seem like a good person and deserve to have someone have your back to

13. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I fortunately don't have children with him. But I do have 6 years and the shame you speak of built up like a damn in my heart. I knew I wasn't straight deep DEEP down but the shame kept me here and made me hate myself in ways I never should have. I was grossed out by the thoughts in my head that would come up. My heart literally aches for you because I feel on such a deep level what you're talking about. Until I can figure out how to get out of here I am still living with him right now. We both know it's over and it's growing more awkward for me the longer I stay in his house. One day I hope to look back at this and not feel it like an open wound.
    I am also here for you as well if you need to unload anything

14. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

I definitely understand. I have learned that there are many that have gone through and are going through similar situations. It makes me feel more comfortable knowing I am not alone. Being on this site has helped me feel less guilty about my sexuality, more supported, and less alone. I also understand the awkward feeling, even though we are staying together, sometimes I get annoyed with him. There have been plenty of times that I just want him to leave me alone. Then I feel guilty for feeling that. The awkwardness is all in my head I think. It gets really bad when he gets depressed due to my lack of interest in intamcy.

I hope for you as well that this wound heals and when you look back on it you can feel proud of yourself for all the strength you have to overcome this.

15. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    M
    An do I understand that!! It is very awkward and a lot of guilt and shame hovers around and I think that's what this time is about now for people like us. Figuring out how to rid ourselves of it because it's a heavy ass weight we aren't meant to be carrying.
    And with the intimacy I get that but in reverse. He always forgot about it like it wasn't really a thing and I think that's what jogged me into realizing I was just craving it because it was all I had but not what I actually wanted ! So even though it hurt for many years that he just wasn't interested in sex or anything it also helped me wake the heck up and see I didn't want it from him anyways.
    And thank you in many ways I am already proud because no one I've know or anyone in my family had the guts to get out of a long term unhealthy relationship let alone try to live for themselves being themselves. I wish that for you too

16. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, me too. I went for so many years without anyone. Even when I was in a relationship I shut myself off to other friends because I thought all I needed was one person. But that's not true. We all need a support network, putting all our eggs in one basket is definitely not a good idea, even if it seems easy sometimes. Making dumb mistakes is definitely a good plan though! Even though I don't always feel it, we're both still young and we both have time to do different things.

And thank you for saying those nice things about me! I do have a few people I chat to sometimes, but it's always good to meet more. I'm still a bit shy and unsure of things but I'm really trying to put myself out there. Trying to help others helps me too, and it's always good when there's people I can reach out to in return =)

I also read your other thread a moment ago, really happy you're finding it supportive on here and you're feeling a bit better about yourself. Hopefully that continues ^^

17. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes thank you I do feel more uplifted for sure.
    And I truly thought all eggs in one basket meant dedication but it doesn't it's just harmful. It's fantastic feeling to reach out and have others reach back. There's always that fear doubt and other normal emotions but once it ends up working once or twice I guess it shows anything is possible.
    I keep having to remind myself and take the reminders that I'm still young. Feeling so stuck for long and the things I've been through/ my physical healtg. I felt 4 times my age. But I'm not people are doing amazing things into their 60's/70's etc. Life's not over yet so I gotta stop acting like it lol.
    I'm shy and not at all shy at the same time so if someone else is shy. Well I'll usually be the one to pull them out of that shell.
    If you'd ever like a chat I'm here

18. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Guest

I agree. We don't need all this extra weight. I used to do what he does. I'd forget about intimacy, I think it was my way of coping with being with guys and ignoring myself. My husband and I fought a lot over it years back, long before I knew I was into females. It caused me to be more submissive to his needs and bury more of myself. When I started living more for myself and my desires, I stopped catering to his needs and now when there is intimacy it's more out of guilt and habit. I feel bad for that but at the same time, there is only so much I can do before it starts causing trauma again.
    That's awesome that you are already proud of yourself. You should be, you've taken difficult steps towards your happiness. :slight_smile: And it looks like you have other amazing people to connect with. :slight_smile: I love how friendly and welcoming everyone is here. :slight_smile:

19. CanadaGamerGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're going through a really rough time right now, and I know i'm just a random person, but I'm always here to talk and so glad that you found this space to be able to speak freely. I've only just joined this site and I've found it helpful to just know that there are other people similar to me and my life situations. I hope that you find some peace being here and that you can get through everything okay.

20. KelTik

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aw man.. that literally hits me on a very deep levels. I truly relate to what you're saying. And it's the first time I've heard it said. Not be myself in my head. By someone else. I am truly sorry you had to go through that because I so so get it more then you know but I really appreciate you being able to open up to me like that it helps me so much you are very brave. And yes honestly I love it here !