1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I found out more things about myself!:)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Flinn, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Flinn

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi it’s me again and I figured out more about my sexuality.I figured out I’m demisexual if you don’t know what that is it’s when a person feels sexually attracted to someone only after they've developed a close emotional bond with them.I also figured out I’m Pansexual which is an attraction towards people regardless of their sex or gender identity.I’m also polyamorous which is relationships with more than one partner at the same time, with the informed consent of all partners(yes I still can have only one partner).I'm so glad that I finally figured it out!

Aeolia and Artoffact like this.
  2. caden0803

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations on being able to figure yourself out.

Artoffact and Ryyu like this.
  3. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's good that you are figuring things out about yourself, but can I gently advise you to be careful with all of the different labels. Sometimes we can overdo it and add too much to the pot, confusing ourselves and others at the same time. Some of the labels you mention above could be more easily described and accepted as part of the normal variation that many of us go through when forming relationships.

As a general rule, it's better to stick with the widely known and understood labels and just mention your preferences as an aside (e.g. forming a bond first), instead of giving it another label.

Artoffact, Ryyu, bambibat and 2 others like this.