1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Texas attorney general ‘willing and able’ to make gay sex illegal

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ghost93, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2022/06/29/ken-paxton-texas-attorney-general-gay-sex-sodomy-illegal/

I cannot stress how important it is to vote this November. There are still millions of people who want to eliminate us and take away our rights. Lawrence v. Texas being overturned would, in my opinion, be even worse than Obergefell v. Hodges being overturned.

14 States would have trigger laws banning gay sex if Lawrence was overturned, and it looks like the Texas Attorney General is eager to start arresting gay people again.

2. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am disgusted and enraged and everything else that I want to say right now is against the TOS.

I'm not doing well with what's been happening; they are racing towards theocracy in the span of less than a month.

My thoughts are turning red. That's all I can say right now.

Everyone: STAY! SAFE! Whatever you have to do! We're never going to win this if we're all dead!

3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate politics with a passion, I don't even want to vote or bother registering, but if it keeps people like that out of office then so be it.

4. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not being political in the United States is not an option right now. Not for us if we want to keep existing. Clarence Thomas already outright said he wants and plans to come for us. And I have zero doubt Mitch McConnell wouldn't try to take that national if given a chance. Much less a Mitch McConnell/Ron DeSantis combo. Basically all of the 2024 GOP presidential front runners are deeply, maliciously homophobic and the GOP run states are working as hard as they can to strip voting rights to lock in GOP majorities. Democracy is on the ballot and our right to exist is on the ballot this fall.

5. Loves books

As I got older America went from a place I thought was cool to a place I’m glad not to live in. I don’t understand why people think they can police other peoples bedrooms. If gay sex becomes illegal are they going to do. Arrest people for being gay while unable to prove the sex part. I don’t get why people are so intent on trying to control others. Maybe the ones who want to outlaw gay sex should wonder why they spend so much time thinking about it. The sex lives of other people is something I don’t really think about. If you don’t like gay sex then don’t sleep with someone of the same gender.

6. pallf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    He got indicted years ago for fraud or something of that sort. Why is it taking so long for him to have his day in court?
    If the AG is indicted for a crime, then I think he should be forced to take a leave of absence until a legal judgement can be made. It's maddening my state claims to be tough on crime but will allow elected officials to do whatever they please and face no repercussions.