1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Leaked Supreme Court Documents…

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by I'mStillStanding, May 3, 2022.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need to look up if my state has these still, and prep a legal argument to have in my back pocket...

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like a 3rd world country

3. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s gonna be a mess

Welcome to the south! Where you can be forced to carry your rapist baby, go to jail for sleeping with your boyfriend (gay or straight), and walk in a store and carry a gun out with out a license and not have to worry about it lol…. Crazy town!

4. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've already got one kind of for srs and top surgery, and a point for being in a loving relationship with the same sex or gender from the Declaration of Independence. Still working on them.

5. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s cool!!!!

6. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm no lawyer, but I have a couple valuable skills that a lawyer has to have (thanks to college writing courses actually).

7. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate to say this, because it's terrible. It's incitement. It's telling people to be ready for violence.

But there's been a lot of historical revisionism, in the wrong direction. We're re-writing history to portray our fore-bearers, who FOUGHT AND DIED for us, as passive, quiet, plodding little sheep who choose a new hill to graze on until the rest of the flock joined them.

That isn't how this works, and it never was. What changes policies are riots, unrest, disobedience. What changes the world is action, not talk.

It's time again for us to act. Like those at Stonewall. It's time to let them know we're not going to be silenced, or marginalized, or told we don't belong. This world is as much ours as those who would take it from us.

So. Brothers, sisters, siblings of all stripes... it's time to gear up. It's time to take that self-defense course, get that bug-out bag, make plans with everyone near you. Find local community and make connections with them. Stand together.

Stand as one.

Those who would destroy us won't take "Just relax" for an answer. They think we're rapists after their children; they will fight us with everything we have.

And we will show them, together, how weak they are.

I'm with all of you. I'm at your side, have been for 20 years, and I'm not going anywhere. The rest of you? I'm sorry. I would take all of it if I could, but this is an existential fight. We're not just fighting over ideas, we're fighting for our lives.

Time to prove it.

I'll see you in the streets, guys. Don't leave me hangin'.

8. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    100% agree with you Lydia.

9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get your point but I'm not sure a full on riot is the answer. We've got to discredit those who speak against us, show them some of these supposed 'experts' are fake. And that's just step one for a win in court, it's guaranteed the side opposing us will use that type of people for counterarguments. They don't like us because they think we're evil and other- I say we try peaceful means first at least (this includes peaceful protest). This is like a dangerous game of chess, we need to play the long and patient midgame to get the win. If the right moves aren't made now, carefully, then there is no opportunity for making it to checkmate.

I do agree with learning to defend ourselves though, that's always good knowledge to have. *No one use what I'm about to say next unless you absolutely have to, please!* A tidbit: aim blows to put pressure on joints and sensitive areas. So kick at the knees or groin, for example. It's good to note your enviornment and use it to your advantage as well.

10. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My question is if you did have a boyfriend how would they even know what your doing in your own home ?

11. I'mStillStanding

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well in the Hardwick case, he was given a ticket for throwing a beer can towards a trash can and cited for drinking in public. There was an clerical error on his paperwork and it appear he missed his court date and a warrant was issued… he didn’t and actually paid the ticket ($50). The officer who cited him showed up at his house three weeks later to arrest him on the invalid warrant and caught him having sex with a man and they were arrested and charged. So, I mean, it’s totally possible! That’s the crap they do to catch people… they would do sting things using apps… I’m telling ya… it’s gonna bet crazy!

#31 I'mStillStanding, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
  12. Constellation

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly, you want to mobilize the whole community to apply a great deal of pressure: I would focus on the anti-sodomy laws in regards to the LGBT community, because it'd criminalize consentual oral (which would affect everybody) and anal sex (something that would disproportionately target gay men), and form alliances with pro-choice groups.

Of course: It seems that, since the 1980's, Presidents have stacked the Court with ideologues rather than people interested in genuinely interpreting the Constitution.
    The Supreme Court has overruled itself before: Plessy v. Ferguson gave way to Brown v. Board of Education. Of course, that went in the way of greater freedom instead of less.

13. Thunderbolt7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Constellation

Yeah, you need massive numbers and a lot of pressure. Holy shit.

14. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If this happens I'm moving to Canada. This is an idiotic idea. In Florida, we have Don't Say Gay already. It's like they're trying to erase us entirely.

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The not so funny thing is that Trump is not conservative. Nothing about him, his past, and his current life points to conservativism. He just manipulated his intended audience (by "selling snow to Eskimos") who is full of staunch conservatives. He also picked Pence as a running mate to give the ticket an overall appeal to conservatives, because Pence IS definitely very conservative. But Trump was going to turn on his VP shortly before Jan. 6. Reading about that and what could have happened is deeply disturbing.

Oh, I believe it.

I wanted to add is that the breach itself is scary. Just like Jan. 6 was scary. This is not supposed to happen. And it has all happened because of the last POTUS who thinks that all rules can be bent for his narcissistic needs. He doesn't even know how government and laws work. His followers and the Jan. 6 mob don't either. He would ask advisers, "Can't we just ..." and continue on with some outlandish proposition. Many of the comments he has made show that. We've all heard what he wanted to do to every key official and politician who was going to stand behind their state's election results.

16. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't agree more. They've abused their power too much at this point. Trying to flip decades of progress right back on it's head? I'm so mad, I want to cry. We need more minority groups to take action and power. This honestly reminds me of when science started being able to explain things (i.e. Galileo) The church (the leading faction) didn't like this, and made it so much harder to be a scientist. (If you don't get that metaphor, basically we're the scientists.) They don't know what we worked for - to get to a time where it's safe to come out, and live as yourself!

I will absolutely come with you. Being illegal for existing is horrible. They're trying to treat us like animals. Funny thing is, the only animals are them. So tired of us just trying to live our lives and get hurt because of it. God, I'm on the verge of tears just thinking of it. Please help America guys.

17. Haruto

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my god

this is actually what they want...

18. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Margaret Atwood made a fireproof version of "The Handmaid's Tale" and demonstrated it won't burn by taking a torch to it.

19. Prisma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Right on! Just was thinking it's very deep rooted insecurity. We've all known people who have to make themselves feel better with pissing contests and pushing others around. They are small.

20. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to things like this, it's worth noting that it's a leak and not a bill.

I say this because very often, even when it comes to policies like this, it's mostly used like a scare tactic, and nothing really actually ever comes of it. The bills will usually be a little more sneaky than this. The egregious attempts to criminalize things like anal sex or being in a same-sex relationship won't be there. Especially when we're in the position we're in now. We have the supreme court mostly made of conservatives, yes. But I wouldn't expect these things to get through both houses first, let alone reach SCOTUS. On top of this, the smart conservative politicians know that they've lost the small war. They would have to get Dems to actually agree to something first. I'm not saying it would have to move mountains, but getting the right handshake on a policy would be a step for them. This would still be quite a task, though.

So I'm very doubtful that the proposition as is will go through. I would definitely keep an eye on the later bills about it, though. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they just dropped it altogether as this is mostly what has happened in the past, with another draft of the bill leveraging the GOP's goals. Overall, I don't think they'd be able to just yank abortion rights, LGBT rights and civil rights in one sweep. They may try, but they know it'll take more effort. It's a case where we'll definitely see how things start playing out. It could very much backfire on them.