1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married and wanting to embrace my true self.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by morten, May 1, 2022.

1. morten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, I missed your message. It really resonates with me how you say you feel like a much more complete person.
    Over the last week, I've come up to several of my close friends (who've all been extremely supportive), and what I am realizing is how much I have 'missed out' on being 100% myself, hiding parts of myself. I hope that coming to terms with myself and sharing it more openly with the world, will help me just be myself more freely.

So great to hear you're not afraid of the world knowing. That's definitely the goal for me too. To just normalize it for myself so I feel comfortable in my own skin and in being honest to everyone.

Sorry to hear that your partner wasn't supportive. That must be really difficult. Would love to keep sharing experiences.

2. morten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, meeting your long-term partner early can make it feel like you've 'robbed' yourself for certain experiences. This might not be related to sexuality. My wife can have a similar feeling of having not had "wild 20s". I do sometimes feel sad about having not been in a romantic relationship with a man. I am really happy for where my life has ended up, just wish the path here had been slightly different.

Thanks for the message on my profile wall. I will message back as soon as the feature gets unlocked on my account.

3. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She told me then, but I then saw a seemingly insignificant throw-away comments she made years ago in a new light.

4. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for that, Morten. I'll write more as so as poss. When I first posted here, I have to say that I think I moaned a lot about my wife's reaction. Well, whether I'm just a little hardened to that now, or have become stronger about this and hopefully more assertive, it's hard to say. Feels better anyhow. And EC has helped. Glad I found it.

5. BirdWatcher87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Morten!

Welcome to EC! I’m in a similar situation in that I’m bi and only out to myself at the moment and I’ve been afraid to come out for a long time. I’ve know since about 2 years ago and I want to tell my fiancé at some point, but I have to work up the courage to have that conversation with her. I’m always going to love her and spend my life with her, but don’t know yet how to explain my feelings.

That’s so awesome though about your story! I’m happy to hear that it all worked out too!