1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married and wanting to embrace my true self.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by morten, May 1, 2022.

1. morten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone,
    So happy to have found a community like this. I am a cis-man who've had same-sex attraction all my life but fell in love with my now-wife when I was 20. Until recently, I thought it wasn't important to figure out my sexuality as I am already in a happy and fulfilling marriage.

However, I feel I have missed out on certain experiences in my life by being in a monogamous relationship for the last 15 years. Now, I want to come to terms with who I am and be fully me.

My wife is one of the only people I have come out to. She's very supportive, and it's been a huge relief to talk to her.

I am hoping to find like-minded people here with similar experiences.
    I look forward to connecting.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    morten.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give support if you need it and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary! There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are a lot of people there who have dealt with the same kind of issues that are challenging you.
    *****When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:
    To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.
    *****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can post a question on my Profile Page or send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi welcome I also fellcin love with my now wife at 20/21 I also feel like I missed out on oppunitys

4. BiShark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are definitely a lot of us with similar experiences here. I'm almost 48 and been married since 2004. I only discovered I was bi about 5-6 years ago, so I've never had a male partner.

While that is frustrating, I am committed to my marriage. One of the things I've been trying to figure out is how I can explore and express that side of me while being true to my marriage.

5. Stitch57

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey Welcome! I hope you can what you need here!

6. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

I was in your position quite a few years ago. It’s tough but I’m so glad that you have talked to your wife and that’s she is supportive.

There are many who understand you here who have been through this or who are going through it.

7. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Morten. Me too. Very similar story. Would love to share experiences. Do write

8. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

9. CapnMal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello morten and welcome to EC!

10. FLGUY39

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    39 here. Was married for 9 years. 2 kids. Same boat but not willing to make that jump.....yet...maybe never.

11. morten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the welcome. I don't know how you feel, but I am so torn between on one hand feeling privileged that I found someone to share my life with at a young age, but then on the other hand not getting a variety of experiences during my 20s. I have had a few experiences with men before meeting my wife—but I've never had a more romantic relationship to a man, which is something I wonder what would be like.
    I'd be happy to share thoughts and experiences. I can't send messages yet though.

12. morten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would love to share and reflect on these things together. I can't message anyone yet though.

13. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally feel the same way

14. BiShark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Likewise here, all of that. The way I think of it is that I'm glad I got where I am, I just wish I'd taken a different path to get here. There are a lot of us in this boat.

15. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm still with my wife of now 32 years. There's no sex, but then there was little of that anyway. After coming out to her five years ago I sometimes wonder what it was all about. Today I worked something out. Once upon a time I would ignore my attraction to (some) guys. That was in a a box, kicked away. Now it's with me all the time. And I'm a much much more complete guy. My sexuality is known about more widely than I might like to think, but I'm not frightened about that any more. I would know now how to have that conversation. But here's the thing: nobody does ask! It's about time I got myself to a gay bar!....btw great that your wife is supportive. Not my experience sadly.

16. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to the EC! :slight_smile:

17. Hillary B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

18. hopefulB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome! This community is here for you. :slight_smile: congrats on the big first steps.

19. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your story is similar to mine as well. I was 21 when I married my high school sweetheart. That cuts out a lot of room for figuring yourself out. We're not married anymore, but am remarried. I came out to her as bi about a month ago. Turns out she's bi as well.

20. morten

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, definitely doesn't give much room to explore and figure yourself out. While I am happy with the deep relationship my wife and I have having known each other for very long, the lack of experience is something I sometimes miss.
    Congrats on coming out to your partner. Did she tell you she was bi too then or did you know before?