1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intense feelings

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ScottG, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can certainly find beauty in women just like a work of art or music but I could no longer be with a woman. The intensity of emotional and physical attraction I experience with another man just doesn’t compare to anything I ever experienced with a woman. The is an incredible chemistry between two men that just exist with a woman. I can imagine every being attracted to a woman again under any circumstances.

Nealg likes this.
  2. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I did this too.

Joolz66 and Adz6 like this.
  3. BiShark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @ScottG, I'm Bi, so I still have plenty of interest in women, too, but I've had similar experiences, closer to what @Adz6 and @quebec described. Not really intense, more just a part of me that I'm fully allowing myself to express now.

I did have sort of a dam-breaking moment, the night I first came out to anyone, besides my wife, we also went to a Burlesque show (yeah, a little on-the-nose, but I didn't plan it that way) with lots of lovely women, of course. The second to last act was a man who I found very attractive.

While watching him I discovered that I was just enjoying his performance and that he was turning me on. That was rather nice, by itself, but the major part of it is I was just accepting it, not trying to disengage or distract myself from it and that was a major change from before.

Since then I've found I've started to notice attractive men around me the way I've always noticed attractive women (and still do). Noticing particular things about them I like, finding my eyes drawn to parts of their bodies I like, sometimes doing the half-involuntary double-take...

One example is I was recently back in my office for a few days after being remote for a while. While there I chatted briefly with a co-worker who was also in for the day. He's someone I'd seen almost every day for years, pre-covid but yesterday was the first time I noticed that he has really nice eyes.

Like I said, it doesn't feel really intense, it's just there and it's really nice. At the very least, I have many more interesting people to look at now.

FooFight54 and Adz6 like this.
  4. Adz6

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bishark,
    It is so nice and so natural when you notice little things like someone has nice eyes!

#44 Adz6, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Nealg, BiShark and Joolz66 like this.
  5. BiShark

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, definitely. It's a little thing, but it's just nice that it's starting to feel more natural and just a part of me.

Nealg and Adz6 like this.
  6. Adz6

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That is the secret when you realise that it is natural for us to feel like this

#46 Adz6, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
  7. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Isnt it great when we don't have to keep these feelings a secret

Adz6, Nealg and BiShark like this.
  8. CatsAndDogs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha! I've been checking out guys in public for so long, but (I think) no one has ever noticed that I do. That's why sunglasses are so convenient! But, if I ever made eye contact, I would immediately look away