1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor service

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Apr 22, 2022.

1. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just came off a live chat complaint with a telecoms company after they rolled up in our neighbourhood, blocked access to properties, trespassed across gardens and shoved a cable into a garden shrub where blackbirds are nesting (that was the final straw for me).

So I just wondered how much it takes before you complain about poor service or standards of behaviour. Do you put up and shut up, or do you get straight onto it even if you are mildly inconvenienced?

2. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello @PatrickUK

I don’t blame you for complaining. I’d have done the same. Especially regarding the trespassing into gardens. That’s completely out of order. If work needs to be done they should inform people first. The disturbing of the nest would have upset me too.

I am like you in that if something is wrong to such a level I’d be on the phone or would write an email to complain.

I’ve done a lot of complaining in the past over doctors. I’ve been misdiagnosed and sometimes treated in not such a nice way. I complained because I didn’t want the same thing happening to someone else. Luckily my current GP is extremely good.

I also tend to complain if my food shopping order (which is always delivered) has any issues.

Generally I’m not a complainer but sometimes you just have to get onto customer services or practice managers etc and give your two penneth in order to make them aware of what is going on.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate complaining/filing complaints and try to avoid it.

Unless they did something that set me back a bit financially or were extremely rude, I don't think I'd complain.

4. Sleeping Owl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's really uncomfortable to complain, and is definitely stigmatized, but if this is something that you think is going to inconvenience others, you should absolutely say something. I tend not to say anything but depending how bad it is it could be worth your time.

5. Loves books

I don’t complain about stuff I usually just go along with everything. My mother will complain when necessary. She does constant battle with the health service for us all and if I won’t call to make sure I’m some list she’ll do it for me. Apparently they only care about people who care about themselves. In my opinion they probably push you further down the list with every call they get.