1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey All, Pansexual MTF Here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by AddyTheRose, Mar 19, 2022.

1. AddyTheRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey guys, so I am a transgender woman who has just come to term with her identity, and uses she/they pronouns. The path to acceptance has been a hard one, and I am not even close to where I need to be. Nonetheless, I know accepting my gender incongruency and my true identity will help me feel the peace and happiness I've always been lacking. It is hard to come to terms with what this means, most importantly how it will impact my relationships, but it will be well worth it, as I'm sure you all know from y'alls experiences :slight_smile:

I am also pansexual but mostly I am here to find solidarity in questioning my gender identity, and help in better defining it. I suppose what I mean is MTF doesn't accurately describe me, though it is the closest word I can find with my limited knowledge. Maybe demi-girl? But I am getting conflicting information on whether you have to be AFAB to be demi-girl or if it is just someone who identifies partially on the feminine side of the spectrum. Maybe someone can help me understand the non-binary identities better and the identities that lean on one side, but not fully. It would be greatly appreciated!

Also, in general, I am just looking for queer friends. I am kind of shy in real life, and never really had friends in high school, because I was depressed and suffered social anxiety. But I am looking to get over that, and make friends online and in person. I am a teenager out of high school, who went straight to the workforce, and I like to read, listen to music, and hike. I am also getting into drawing again. HMU if you wanna chat. Sorry for the long post.

2. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Please to meet you, Gianna! Settle in and make y'self at home.

3. Alex2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC! We're happy to have you here!

It seems like both of us have gone through similar situations - coming to terms with our identities, but being unsure of how to label them. One important lesson that I've learned is that in the real world, labels don't really matter that much. Instead of worrying about finding a label, a good idea is to focus on finding a gender expression that makes you feel comfortable, and then possibly looking for a label if you even feel the need. Also, from my understanding, you don't need to be AFAB to be a demi-girl, you just have to have a fluctuating identity on the feminine side of the spectrum. However, I'm no psychologist, so it's probably best for you to clarify your questions in the "gender identity and expression" forum. Even if you decide not to post this question in that forum, it's really helpful if you have any questions related to gender.

By the way, I also happen to be a shy teenager looking to get over my loneliness, so I'd almost always be open to chat if you are!

4. AddyTheRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Heyyyy Alex. I'd love to chat. Is there a way to DM on here?

5. Alex2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, we probably won't be able to DM each other for a while. For EC members to send private messages, both people must be full members, which requires sending 50 (meaningful) messages on any forum except for fun and games and having an application approved by a staff member. I've sent an application, but it hasn't been approved yet, and it will probably be a while before you can become a full member. However, there is a way to post on people's profile pages once you've sent 10 or more messages (no application involved) so we could chat that way if you'd be comfortable with other EC members being able to see our messages.

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    GiannaTheRose.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give support if you need it and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary! There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are a lot of people there who have dealt with the same kind of problems that are challenging you. When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can post a question on my Profile Page or send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

7. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

8. Stitch57

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome I am also Pan!

9. Rebelrebel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome! I'm new here too and have recently come out as bi/queer but may be pan, I'm still a bit unsure about all of the different labels :wink: have fun on EC!