1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans peoples before and after pictures

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by staticinmyattic, Mar 9, 2022.

1. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I’m not sure if I’m getting into a damaging habit. I am drawn to peoples’ before and after pictures, particularly how one’s face changes during HRT. The emotional response is pretty rich to say the least. Admiration, vicarious excitement, jealousy, and more than a little bit of self pity. It’s the same bittersweet emotion I get from gender swap filters on photo apps, another habit I’m trying to break. I can’t tell if I’m expressing something that’s best not bottled up or if I’m just torturing myself

ScottG likes this.
  2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you comparing these photos to your own transition progress? Are you on HRT? just trying to understand the situation

3. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not on HRT or currently transitioning. I’m a cracked egg with an upcoming first appointment with a therapist. When I look at peoples’ transition pictures, it get excited for the possibilities. I understand “individual mileage may vary,” but it’s the possibility that excites me.

ScottG likes this.
  4. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I should add that these kinds of images have always given me attention-hogging tunnel vision. The bit in the Michael Jackson “Black or White” video where male and female faces morph into each other made my confused little trans kid self think “I want to do that!” Later, Mad Magazine ran a parody of the “Got Milk?” ads that showed a young jock drinking milk and, panel by panel, feminizing into a beautiful young woman because of all the hormones in the milk. I drank a lot of milk after that until I was able to figure out that that isn’t how hormones work. Being a trans child pre-internet was a lot of work

5. staticinmyattic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lord help me I found it. Behold: the moment her first crack appeared
    https://www.tgfa.org/strips/mad/images/Mad_313_C2.jpg

#5 staticinmyattic, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    ScottG, GiannaTheRose and Batman like this.
  6. ScottG

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i ge
    i get the same emotions seeing mtf transition pictures. I really am beginning to consider transitioning

7. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wasn't it, though?

I remember my grandmother used to put lipstick on me when I was really little, then when I got older (6 or 7) and I asked her to do it again and she said she couldn't because I was a little boy. It confused the Hell out of me. I didn't yet understand the reason I had all those warm feelings when I saw girls doing things I wanted to, like playing with stuffed animals and Barbie dolls or doing crafts. I think I'll always be a little sad I never got to be the little girl I wanted to be, but just knowing who you really are is a worthy enough prize for my troubles.

Anyway, this thread kind of makes me want to make one of those. I've changed a lot already, but I think it would be beneficial to future me and other transpeople to take a look at what a transformation can look like.

Of course, I say that still several healthy kilometers from the summit of Mt. Aspirations, but I digress.

ScottG likes this.
  8. Bobcatlynx

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I’m FtX and to look at all those transition videos and photos helped me a lot to understand my feelings and together with visiting an therapist ive started my transition

DragonChaser likes this.