1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom still knew I'm trans, still doesn't accept me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TinyWerewolf, Dec 15, 2021.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We got into an argument where she reiterated all of her old opinions: I'm going to the other side of paradise (hell) if I don't change, I'm going to change back, my friends are filling my head with lies, God doesn't make people trans or gay (she thinks being bi and gay are the same) and people who think that way aren't normal. She also tried to jerk my pant leg up to see if I have body hair and that's what started this whole thing- I do have body hair and always wear pants and shirts with sleeves to hide it from my family. I'm already dealing with worse stints of dysphoria at the moment and can't alleviate it. Last night my best friend had to calm me down over text just so I could get some sleep before work (I'm lucky to have her)- I was crying a lot. I got a fever blister/cold sore this morning from the stress and sadness. I don't know what to do. I know I need therapy for everything but I'd have to get it in secret because my parents don't like therapists since ethics codes prevent them from being openly homophobic and transphobic.

2. Exploring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    As a religious person, I hate that your parents are using faith to excuse their homophobia. It sucks and I am sorry that happened to you.

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you.

4. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This just isn't right! They have no idea what you're going through. They are narrow minded and don't see wider picture. I can't understand how parents can do this to their child! Remember it's your life not theirs. The fact that you've cried because of that makes me sad. Please don't cry and think about it as rough beginning of a long wonderful journey of yours. Keep in touch with people you trust. Things will change for the better.

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  5. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I try to be optimistic, but sometimes I'm bad at it. One day I'll hopefully get through all of it.

6. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so sorry to hear this TinyWerewolf. Some people are just horrible and sometimes they are those supposedly 'closest' to us.

There's nothing much I can say other than please remember that this isn't forever. One day you'll be able to move out and truly be yourself.

Beth

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, Beth. I hope so, I'm considering getting a second job if I don't get offered full time shortly after this new district manager settles into their position. I need to get my parents' names off of my bank account, they've never taken any of my money (besides some cash I had saved up stored at home two years back) but I don't want them to even have the chance.

I think she's scared for me, but the more I try to explain the more she tells me I'm a girl and always will be- that's when I simply stopped trying.

8. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im here for you 101%

CatSpinner likes this.
  9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks River. :slight_smile:

CatSpinner likes this.
  10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m sorry you’re mom is regurgitating so much intolerance. Remember homophobia/transphobia is the real lifestyle choice.

If you are a student, then you might contact your school counselor for some help, but be aware many may have limited training in LGBT+ issues. It also seems like due to the pandemic there are a lot more virtual counseling options available; though they may be expensive.

Besides getting mental health help, I think a long term goal would be independence from your parents and their intolerance. Sometimes financial independence can take time, so you might ask friends if they know anyone who could use a roommate. As for the bank account, try making a free one on your own and transferring your money.

11. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately I was burnt out from my senior year (didn't really get a summer break that year either) and just discovering that I'm trans in my first semester away from home- I did poorly, didn't even make it to my end of semester jury from an anxiety attack. Then after trying to be more independent, shutting my family out after I outed myself on accident due to unacceptance, and doing a bunch of risky stuff in secret because I was falling apart they moved me back home against my will (technically illegal but I let them because I was scared it might get ugly). I've been here for three years now. I have grown up in some ways but I'm still probably not where I need to be. I have two friends willing to take me in, but I'd have to walk several miles to get to either one (parents own my car too) and leave my dog behind. Nothing about this has been easy.

They might notice the money transfer and my cousin works at my current bank and could tell them. I hardly carry cash so taking it out that way all at once might raise some flags. Maybe in small increments? As for therapy, I was going to do BetterHelp until I realized the charges would be noticed and it was going to take a big chunk of the money I'm trying to save. Thank you for your advice Resu.

12. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In this situation it's too risky. I could try something like this; Make account in different bank, but make sure it's solid and secure. Then i would pretend that I'm buying something through internet and transfer money to the seller - your new account. If you "buy" something from time to time you can slowly gather nice sum. Maybe your girl could help you with making account? That way you'll be completely anonymous. Just my example of how it can be done.

#12 Y2B, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  13. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe, that might work.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don’t have one already, you might put a your money into buying a car, which would at least give you some freedom to travel. Car payments would also allow you to regularly take money out.

15. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do have a car, but it's technically my parents. A friend of mine has suggested this to me before, the only problem is the car I currently drive is still in good condition (it's racking up the miles but otherwise it's fine). So I guess if I find an excuse to have a car that's actually my own I'm set.