1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new and scared

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by t grace, Dec 12, 2021.

1. t grace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hi there. i’m t grace and i’m new to this website. i just a couple weeks ago came to terms with my sexuality as bisexual. i’m very happy that i figured things out, but i’m scared to tell my friends and family. i also don’t know how to start getting involved with girls. i’ve only ever been involved with guys. anyone have any advice for me?

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    t grace.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! In particular there is a sub-forum titled “Sexual Orientation” if you post there I think you’ll find people who will understand what you are dealing with. If you include "Bisexual" in the title of a post that you make in that forum I think you'll draw the attention that you're looking for! I'm not bi, I'm gay but I know that there are plenty of bisexual members here on Empty Closets so you should be able to find some help and perhaps some friends too! This is a safe community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to the EC! :slight_smile:

4. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Welcome to the EC family

5. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello again, @t grace, and welcome to EC! Firstly, congrats on coming to terms with your bisexuality. That is an important first step, and one that paves the way for the rest. :slight_smile:

Secondly, I hope you find the advice and sense of community you're looking for. If you need anything, don't be afraid to shoot a PM to one of the staff members.

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

I hope that you find the support you’re looking for here.

7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome, grace

Don't feel scared about telling them, you don't have to until you feel you are ready. And don't worry, most of people can't 'suspect' since they must be already convinced (if you went out with guys) that you 'must be straight'.

Most important of all is that you do feel comfortable in your own skin. Being Bisexual is nothing to be ashamed of. Keep in mind we are the ones with the right to define ourselves, and the way we feel, not them.

Make yourself at home, this is a safe space.