1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you quit missing someone so badly?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TinyWerewolf, Nov 10, 2021.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I miss my girlfriend. She genuinely misses me too. The problem is we don't know when we'll see each other next and it's already been two and a half months since the last time we did. This wasn't supposed to be long distance or anything like that (I know I'm usually not good in that scenario and try to avoid that)- but that's the circumstances we were thrust into. I can't even call her without putting us both at risk. I'd use an app but this stupid alcatel flip phone doesn't have the ability to use discord or snapchat or anything (I'm lucky it can email and get to this forum). She really can't help that she's so busy, or I would take this as she doesn't want to be with me or personally somehow. I don't want to be unfair to her but this hurts me. So how can I keep from missing her so much?

2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is a rough situation to be in. I'm not sure there's much you really can do, aside from distracting yourself as much as possible. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes? Crocheting, videogames, hiking--anything like that? I'm not really sure about your situation on the whole, but it sounds like your relationship is being kept on the DL. Is there any danger of being found out, anything that might happen (abuse, being kicked out, etc.)?

3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a musician by trade, I dedicated my whole life to music until a couple years ago. I don't really do it anymore now. I guess I could pick dog training back up, work with my dog more. It's getting too cold to plant anything here or I'd just try to garden. I used to be big into Minecraft until I got found out, trapped, and my parents took away my laptop charger.

Yes I do have to keep our relationship on the down low, and so does she. In my case I'd be cut off from the outside world again- trapped in this stupid house with an unaccepting family. I'm not sure what her family would do and her situation with her mom isn't great already, but I will do anything to keep her safe and happy. She's said once she comes out they might disown her. I'll have to leave mine.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Isn't there a way you go full vintage and send her letters? Paper and ink, inside an envelope through the mail. Or even insert notes on books and send them to her, you don't even need to write your address. If she knows where you live, she can write to you back.
    Or you could use a shop, or a friend you trust to pick up the mail. It's always possible they'll snoop, so you could invent some sort of code, exchange what the code means when in person (a sort of Rosetta Stone), and afterwards use exclusively that code on your messages.

You think the Alcatel phone is retro, you kids don't know what retro is. :alien:

On how to stop missing someone, it's quite simple - Get a job, get two jobs. With 'job' I mean any sort of occupation including as a volunteer. I think you can volunteer even online.
    Insert also more people in your life. Get involved on forums, read books about whatever you feel passionate about.
    Sports are also good. Have a good run, or run daily.
    Study if you can afford it. Use the library or the Internet if you can't afford it. Watch videos of foreign countries, discover what is out there.

Give love to those around you, because you never know who needs love the most.

Once you are not dependent on your parents financially, the world is your oyster.
    Even if it seems impossible now, keep in mind - It gets (much) better. You'll get there.

And keep the Alcatel.

5. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Really I'm just frustrated that I can't use Discord on the browser of this phone, because to call her and not get caught it would have to be through the internet. Calling her for real would show up in both our phone records. It's been three months since I've even heard her voice now.

I do have a job in her city but our schedules are completely mismatched. It's the main reason why we haven't seen each other in so long. My lunch breaks used to be a way to see her but not anymore. I'm trying to plan a meet up for sometime after Christmas but I'm not sure if we'll be able to pull that off (if not that's going to suck, I was going to surprise her with a present).

As for hobbies and studying, I want to make music and perform again but anonymously. I don't quite know how to go about it though. I don't want fans to know I'm a trans guy and my voice is super high pitched and sounds like a girl's (not being dramatic because I'm pre-t, I literally have whistle tones). I also don't know much about recording, mixing, and mastering- and I'd have to do it all myself. The whole reason I stopped for a year and a half was dysphoria, but I love playing music. It's a whole frustrating cycle.

Now this paragraph is mostly me spitballing ideas. With the letters, I'd be afraid someone would find it. If her youngest sister or her mom found it we'd be forced to be apart forever at minimum. I miss her, but I also have to protect her from that. I could maybe hand it off to one of her friends and have them give it to her but it would have to be a week where she's at her dad's house. He doesn't snoop around like her mom would. I already mess around with ciphers (and I can read them without a key) so I'd just have to give her a key for it. I could try to make my own uv invisible ink out of diluted highlighter ink I guess, but that requires the uv light to read.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Before Discord we used a thing called 'IRC'. Not sure which Alcatel model you have, but if you have a web browser, there are ways you can chat with her through IRC.

And before that... Telegrams. Not 'the Telegram' APP, but real Telegrams. There is a service out there where you can send real life Telegrams like back in the days. You can order them online.

Hope it works out. Fingers crossed...

I get it. Never liked my own voice, but singing is a pleasure. You can try to hook up with people on the Internet and send audio files, or hit up folks on Soundcloud when you find someone who can take the 'burden' of singing.
    Don't know what Apps you use, but you could experiment changing the voice track, altering the pitch and so on. Not perfect but better than nothing (aka not doing music). I've done this, just curiosity, and most of the times all I got was a laugh, but a 5% or so sounded real interesting, worth keeping. As they say 'the studio is another instrument', so why not taking advantage...

And don't put all your trust and hopes on T, you can train your voice right here and now to sound deeper (and richer) without T. Breathing exercises and posture can work wonders as well (and improve your well being). But please be careful with your vocal chords... And don't
    pick up bad habits you won't be able to quit later, because they don't help.

Out of the blue, a home made ink with lemon could do the trick. The cons are obviously, you'd need a candle to read it (since the heat from the candle burns the juice). This is risky and also unsafe for obvious reasons.
    But here is another idea... Not everyone has an uv light, but everyone owns a screwdriver. If your Christmas present is not too big, you can put it inside another electronic device, pass it to that friend, and so on...

But if you can do that, why not a SIM card, so she can call you and you can call her, and the numbers won't show on your other SIM cards / numbers. Bet you can swap the SIM cards on that Alcatel, I assume they are old devices and therefore the SIM card is still removable.

7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    [QUOTE="MichaelX, post: 6746999, member: 109892]

I love singing, always have (started singing at three, then in public at eleven). I just hate that I don't sound male, that makes me uncomfortable.

I've been using ProTools but I'm switching to Ableton Live because it seems more beginner friendly.

I was fortunate enough to get lessons from someone who had a doctorate's in music and experience in vocal pedigogy. So now most of my habits are fairly healthy and I'm classically trained. Breathing from the diaphragm made my voice finally have vibrato and more power behind it. Before I stopped and got rusty I had four octaves, and I'm scared I won't post T. My grandfather and brother are both tenors that have good range though so maybe I'll get lucky with that. I read something that said to try to direct your sound towards the inside of your cheeks to sound more masculine- and what little I've tried it did seem to help a bit.

I thought about the lemon juice trick, that might be too risky though. I got her a hand stamped necklace for Christmas so maybe that would work?

Maybe I can sneak her a prepaid phone and get myself one. The reason I ever said Discord though is because you can voice call on it and it wouldn't show up on phone records because it's through the internet. I "text" her through a secret email every day. I make all my posts from this Alatel Smart Flip actually, it's my only way to the internet anymore. I keep my phone clear of evidence/wipe what traces of it I can or I'd be caught. I'll look into irc though.

GetgGonnaCatchy likes this.
  8. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You two have problems with parents. Is there any possibility that you both could live together independently? Did you both talked about it before?

9. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is eventually the plan, but we won't be able to until at least a few years from now. She's going to go to college, and I might try to get a certification (and transition won't be cheap either).

10. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Then, for now you must focus to find comfortable way to communicate. I'm sure once you two can talk, meeting won't be a problem anymore. Just like @MichaelX suggested, secret SIM card could be a good idea. You can send her email about it. Also, local internet cafe or any place with public access to PC could be a way to use Discord anonymously.

11. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That might work, I have to make sure no one is reading over my shoulder/eavesdropping though because this is a small town where word travels fast. I think I just found a way to call her without it showing up in phone records. I'm not sure it will work yet, but I will keep y'all posted. Just in time for our sixth month anniversary too. :slight_smile:

12. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know how much separation hurt. As you saw in my thread I'm also meeting my friend rarely. I'm thinking 24/7 about him. I can't stop. It's easy to say "do something, occupy yourself". No, it's not working that way. All those moments we had together keeps me sane. I'm thinking about them to calm down. Be strong and remember, love always win!

13. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, I'm trying my best. :slight_smile: . I hope you get to see him soon!

Y2B likes this.
  14. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good news! I think I can finally call her at least now! Now we both have to find a time no one will bother us but at least it's more feasible now.

Michael, CatSpinner and Rayland like this.
  15. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good news :slight_smile: Tell her your ideas and ask if she have any. Fingers crossed.

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  16. CatSpinner

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The truth is you can't really "quit" missing someone unless they give you a reason to. I'm glad you're at least able to talk/see your girlfriend more now. Best wishes! :grin:

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  17. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats! Well done!

TinyWerewolf likes this.