1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dose taking estrogen change your urges to wearing feminan clothing?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Richelle1, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Richelle1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone. I have been taking estrogen for the last few months and I am now doing something I would never do before, I'm shopping for women's clothes and it doesn't seem to bother me. So the question is when you take estrogen besides it changing you physically does it also change you mentally so that you have new urges to buy and wear woman's clothes? I know this is a strange question. : )

2. MzMrAlexa

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Just my opinion but Hormones change Everything!...
    I've been between the genders my whole life but have lived as a man and to be honest I didn't really start coming to terms with my being different until the late 90's and off and on since the early 2000's I've taken hormones primarily Estrogen. Not enough or for long enough to develop anything but the slightest breast development, but to be honest I just felt better and more relaxed.

Then this year I decided to try both estrogen and progesterone and that was an even greater difference with the progesterone knocking back the effects of my natural testosterone and what I found was that my sex drive as well as my desire to dress and be feminine both really dropped off. To be totally honest I was really shocked by this and then stopped Estrogen entirely and what I found (and was absolutely not expecting) was that my desire to be feminine virtually went away, which was not what I was expecting at all, and actually felt pretty good.

The only thing that I can think of is that because of my makeup being in-between as I aged (now 59) and my T levels dropped off a good bit and the natural E and reduced T put me about where a woman is at her sexual peak, and when I eliminated the T (by taking progesterone) my desire to be feminine virtually went away, so really all this time what I assumed was just my natural state of wanting to be more feminine to be inline with who I am has really been more sexually motivated by testosterone than I ever imagined.

What I don't know is how different Hormones affect different people. Being Younger with likely Higher T levels to start with it may well be that the added E is putting you in close to the same place as I was ten years ago or so.

What is hard for me is that up until the last couple of years I thought that I had finally figured out pretty much who I was, then events from the past and different realizations pretty much upset the apple cart completely to where I now feel that close to being back to ground Zero for understanding myself. So all I can say is that the balance of hormones in your body do have a tremendous impact on how you think and feel in addition to any physical changes you might experience, and you might be surprised at how much Testosterone also drives everything even when taking Estrogen. But that's just coming from me and from all of the different tests and information I can find I am not wired as a man or a woman, but somewhere in the middle but slightly towards the feminine side. Hope this helps!

3. Richelle1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, you and I have a lot in common. I too am in between male and female. You just described me.

#3 Richelle1, Nov 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2021
    MzMrAlexa likes this.
  4. Richelle1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Update: I ordered some trendy girls clothes online and they came yesterday. I bought a size 13 pair of curvy jeans...and they fit like a glove. I also bought a couple of tops. So today with lipstick and makeup on wearing the jeans and the top I went to a taco place for lunch! It felt great going into a place like that and nobody seemed to notice or cared. I'm starting to like this lifestyle a lot.