1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been attracted to someone you weren’t suppose to be?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Nic2552, Nov 15, 2021.

?

Have you ever been attracted to someone you weren’t suppose to be?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Everyone

Have you ever had a weird attraction to someone you were suppose to or maybe it may be just me ? My brain and emotions feels scattered everywhere. I don’t even know if it’s attraction kinda confused. A little background been with my first girlfriend for going on 9 years, we recently ended things the relationship was going downhill. I have never been with another female or did anything sexually with another girl. Prior to her I was always in a heterosexual relationship with men , even having flings with other guys, always curious/ questioning my sexuality and little crushes on girls but never acted on them because I was ashamed. Fast forward just got out my first Same sex relationship, towards the end of my relationship I was questioning myself and even having thoughts about other women. I even had thoughts about someone I wasn’t suppose to “ girlfriend sister “but in person I’m not attracted to her ,just sisterly bond. When I’m with her sister I don’t like her to my knowledge . Just in my imagination I imagine things I don’t know why. It’s so bad and I feel so guilty I hate it. This isn’t the first time my mind wondered about other females. I know it’s not normal but i don’t know what to do I don’t want her sister at all. I do question what another girl would be like sexually. I’m not the type of person to explore because I’m very aware of sexually transmitted diseases.

#1 Nic2552, Nov 15, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. :slight_smile: Can you elaborate on what you mean about it not being normal? I'm not sure if you mean it isn't normal to be attracted to other women, despite the fact that you just got out of a long-term relationship with one, or if you feel it's wrong to be attracted to your ex girlfriend's sister.

As to the disparity between your thoughts about this sister vs. your feelings when you're around her, I'm of two minds. It's either you do have some attraction to her, but you're so deep in denial you've suppressed it when you're around her (shame likely being the culprit), or conversely, you merely like the idea of her but have no actual attraction to her.

Regarding your fears of sexually transmitted diseases, that's understandable--but there are plenty of ways to enjoy sexual exploration safely. You should check the physical and sexual health sub-forum; there might be some tips about how to engage in safe sexual practices there, if/when you're ready to explore another relationship.

3. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it’s not normal to be attracted to my ex girlfriend sister part makes my stomach turn.i know that’s not normal.
    Thanks

4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say it's abnormal, though. Do you mean it makes you feel guilty because of your relationship? I imagine this must be the case, because their familial relationship aside, there's actually nothing wrong with your feelings. :slight_smile: It's understandable if you don't want to pursue anything with her, out of respect for your ex or perhaps the fact that the sister herself isn't attracted to you/doesn't bear same-sex attraction. But otherwise, try not to feel about potential feelings for her; you can't help how you feel. Only how you act.

Peterpangirl and Nic2552 like this.
  5. Juliamem

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's chemistry. And it isn't something we can control. Yes it happens more than I'd prefer and it's very awkward for both people involved.

#5 Juliamem, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2021
    Nic2552 and Tightrope like this.
  6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is so true. It has happened to me and it's uncomfortable. I think it's more uncomfortable for the other person, since I think they're probably totally straight, and I don't think they like it. It doesn't happen often. I feel a little bad about making someone uncomfortable.

If the attention and interest is directed toward me, I usually laugh it off or act indifferent, like I didn't notice it. It's when it becomes persistent that I start to get flustered because I then start thinking of how to get the situation to fade away.

Nic2552 likes this.