1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with Gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Harley K13, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Harley K13

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well idk how to say this but ill try my beat to make sense.
    Im Harley, im 16 birth sex Male. Lately for months now iv been strugging to belive my gender and like ever since i was young ive been known as “gay” bc i am and i was. But since like yr 7 iv had thinking off me being trans or wanting to be a female. In face i do, i wanna have the breast and the hair. As a female dose but the part that scares me is, the feelings periods. Yes sounds silly but i am and tbh i wanna wear and be a female. But like its hard to know if its wanting to be a girl or, Non-bionary ect. Is just scary you know

can someone give me advice it will rlly help.? Ty

2. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Harley, welcome to EC!

When you say "iv been struggling to believe my gender" is that because you want to be a girl so badly or is it more that you feel you don't make sense as a boy?

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It all is scary. I can understand that very well.
    As for being trans. If you want to have permanent changes like having breast and so on and hate your male characteristics, then you likely are trans, but you have to feel it inside.
    Do you feel uncomfortable in your body?
    Also I don't think you have to worry about periods that much. I don't think trans females even get periods. Also there are trans people who don't fully transition, but all of that is up to you.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Harley.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: Don't worry about having periods. Transwomen can't have periods as they don't have the internal organs necessary to have them. There is a lot of information on the internet about transitioning from male to female and there are a lot of videos on youtube that have been made by people who have actually gone through the process of transitioning. It would be a good idea to educate yourself as much as you can about the entire process. It's more than just wanting to be female, it also includes something called dysphoria about your male body. That means anxiety, discomfort and general rejection of your male body. It's like looking in the mirror at yourself and not only disliking what you see, but also feeling like that it isn't really you, that you should look like someone else...like a girl. Check out those information sources and please keep us updated on how this continues to work out for you. Remember, you are a part of our LGBTQIA+ Family and we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Rayland likes this.
  5. xerixio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am actually in a very similar place, although I've found nonbinary to be my sweet spot. You just gotta expirament!