1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian Widows

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bailet1477, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Bailet1477

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was wondering if there are any other lesbian widows in the forums. I lost my wife in July after 48 years together.

2. Really

I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m not sure I recall any other other lesbian widows on here but if you feel like reminiscing, I’m sure your experiences would be great to hear about.
    Welcome to EC. :}

3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am...in a way. I lost my beautiful partner suddenly last year and then just weeks afterwards had the epiphany that I'd been in denial all my life about my gender.

I'm so sorry for your loss Bailet. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose someone you've been with for almost half a century. Me and my other half were only together for seven years. I still feel cheated out of the wonderful decades I would have had with her..

Beth

#3 chicodeoro, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bailet.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I am so sorry. It's so difficult when we lose someone close. My mother passed away in June last year and then my wife's mother passed away in November...in many ways, it wasn't a very good year. We need to remember to value the time we have with our loved ones as we never know when we may lose them. There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! This is a community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: