1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My feelings about wanting to be a woman are seasonal

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TGR682, Oct 5, 2021.

1. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It happens very occasionally, that I want to become a woman for a few minutes to days, and then it is gone, for most of the time.
    Does anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about? Thanks!

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do get what you are talking about. In my case, before realizing who I was I did imagine being male a lot.

Sometimes people also imagine themselves as different gender, because they are curious how it would feel like to be someone else, but don't fully want to become them. That's normal. Humans are curious creatures.

There are very different reasons why you might want to become a woman. I will not give you any labels though. You have to figure that out on your own.

I can give you a few ideas, what to think about:
    1. Why do you want to become a woman? Are you maybe envious of them (that's perfectly normal, if you are)?
    2. How long has this been going on?
    3. Think through, how your relationship, with women are? Maybe the answer is in there.
    4. Maybe there is some clue in your childhood?
    5. How you feel, when you want to become a woman?

I really don't know what else to tell, because you don't write lots about yourself. If you give your story with more detail, then I would be able to help you out more, but of course you don't have to, if you don't feel comfortable sharing it, if there is not any story, then that's okay too.
    I hope I could give you a bit of a guide and this helps you to find your answer.

TGR682 likes this.
  3. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. Not of envy. I just love the idea of having long hair, breasts, and sometimes I feel like I'm missing a vagina. When I look at a beautiful woman body, my first instinct is to tell myself "OMG I want that body!", something like that.
    2. I'd say 1-2 years. That feeling would come to me very occasionally...
    3. Ever since I've been a child, I used to despise women unless I had an interest to be in a relationship with them. However recently it's changed and I wanted to love women more. Perhaps I hated them out of envy? I am guessing this is the truth.
    4. I think what I said above is a clue.
    5. I feel confused... Nothing else I can think of right now.
    Now I will say this - I regret hating women when I was a child.

4. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    UPDATE: I feel more confident now. It seems that the transition is slow, starting with my subconscious while consciously I like being a man and how I look. Still, my intuition says that I will be a male not for long. I have a therapy meeting today in which I will for the first time, express what I feel just as I do here. I will update...

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's very good that you are getting therapy. It helps you understand yourself more. I hope everything goes very well and you will figure everything out. Please do update. I'm here, if you ever want to talk or vent :slight_smile:

TGR682 likes this.
  6. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, that's very important to me!
    I found out I really really like being a man. However, my intuition tells me that one day my gender will be female and it seems true. I have no idea why. I tried exploring this with my therapist to no avail. Still, the best therapist I've ever had in my life.

Rayland likes this.
  7. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome. That's good that you have a good therapist. I wonder, if there is something deeper inside, that makes you feel like that? It is very important to think these things through very well. In the end it all depends on how it all makes you feel inside. It would be good if you could test things out in a safe environment and maybe by start try wearing more feminine clothing and trying to be more feminine, just to see how it makes you feel. You may discover, that it's not you at all, or you may also discover, that this is your true self.

TGR682 likes this.
  8. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Feminine - makes me feel calm and gentle, and have good feelings in my stomach and heart...
    Masculine - makes me feel strong, healthy and determined...

I haven't tried any makeup or feminine clothing yet... but when I looked at some makeup tools my mother has, I got a bit repelled. Still, doesn't mean I shouldn't be a woman. I thought about it and have come to the conclusion that perhaps makeup or other feminine leisure are unfit for me as a person in general... I wouldn't mind trying lipsticks. I like red and pink, haven't tried them yet...

I remember seeing an Instagram post of Jen Selter the fitness model, manipulating the viewer to believe that being a woman is good, with no emphasis on being a man. That manipulation made me uncomfortable, and made me defensive from that.
    And I am not saying that manipulation is bad. I know that a manipulation can be neutral or even positive, at least for the sake of humanity as a whole...

9. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you're seeing a therapist to help you through this. However, there are a couple things that stand out to me.
    1)
    This seems incongruent with your wanting to be a woman. Most transgender people do not identify or want to be seen/perceived as their birth sex.
    Even if you're still in the questioning phase, were there times when you were a child where you wished you were a girl? Thought or done things where you could be more like a girl?
    Were you envious of the other girls because of how you were born? (This doesn't feel right; uncomfortable in your own skin).

2) Your recent forum post.
    You identify yourself as a man, who is considering becoming a trans woman.
    Not looking at sexual parts, deep down do you feel as if you are a woman? You should have been born a woman?

You say you had never felt envy for the opposite sex, other than wanting female sexual parts. How do you feel about your penis? Do you feel that it doesn't belong; that it isn't yours? Are you repulsed by your reflection in the mirror? That you don't like the man staring back at you?

LostInDaydreams, Rayland and TGR682 like this.
  10. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, thank you for the response!
    I don't know what to say. Sometimes I think I want to become a woman out of boredom, though it seems false.
    I don't mind having a penis and I don't mind seeing a man in the mirror.
    Someone told me, if I am correct, that you can become a trans even if you didn't want to become one as a child.
    I believe it's a form of my evolution as a human being in this world, that I sometimes want to be a woman. I am always testing myself regarding this...
    Now, I will respond to all the parts in your post, Hawk. :slight_smile:
    I am soon starting my first semester at the academy, and I feel I will be uncomfortable being a man there. I made myself as a female in The Sims 2 and The Sims 4 today, and it was hell of a fun!
    I feel like I am a man, and I don't feel that I should be a woman. I believe, as I said, it to be an evolution of who I am. I may be wrong...
    How I feel about my penis? Sometimes I want it, sometimes I don't...

I talked with my new therapist about this only in one session right now, recently.

I am sorry if my post is messed up. I've been to a crisis and avoided forums because one forum scapegoated me because I went mentally mad. So, that's about it. Again, thanks allot for your response. It means allot to me!

EDIT: I thought about it for a bit, and one additional reason for me to wanting to become a woman is that I want to feel better as a person. This is what I feel... :slight_smile:

#10 TGR682, Oct 7, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  11. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been thinking about how to approach your story. Do you feel that you are a woman inside your soul. Whenever I look into the mirror I see my eyes, but I see someone else's shell and that's always terrifying to me, like I am trapped. I didn't want to be one as a child, but only because I couldn't express myself well. It always felt like it's not me there, that this is all a dream and when I awoke, then it felt like I found my true self. I feel constantly uncomfortable in my body. There are also many other labels, beside trans, like non-binary, where people identify as male and also as a woman. I don't know, if you know about these terms. It's good that you are testing, this is one way, where you could figure things out.
    Game and reality are two very different things. You can't compare them.

I am so sorry, that this happened to you, but here in EC there are people who really do care and want to help. I am one who wants to help, if I feel like I can help out somehow, but you should know, that becoming someone else, won't solve any of your problems and it can make you feel even worse, if it's not something, that you end up truly wishing for.

#11 Rayland, Oct 7, 2021
    TGR682 likes this.
  12. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm begging to love you, Rayland :slight_smile: <3
    I think that I can be both a man and a woman whenever I want to (except for looks pretty much)...
    I have nothing else to say right now. I am tired because of negative energies in my area... Thank you for your support, I highly appreciate it... <3

EDIT: Regarding the games, I know there's no option to compare, but because those are simulation games, it gives me some sort of stimulation I think, regarding who I am or who I am to become...

#12 TGR682, Oct 7, 2021
  13. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Eureka!
    I felt uncomfortable with disagreements regarding becoming a woman, right here in this thread.
    Wouldn't you think that means that being a woman is right for me because of this? Haha, seems true to me! :grin:

14. Richelle1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm kind of the same way. I am not uncomfortable being a guy but I'm going through stages I can't seem to stop. I am now buying girls' clothes in a department store and I used to be nervous about doing it but now I am not. I am now noticing some changes in my body, a nicer rounded butt and a little bit of breast growth, and thicker nipples. Part of me says stop so I don't become noticeable. And the other part of me wants to keep going. It's like I'm two separate genders in one body.

15. Marss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

If it’s “seasonal” it sounds like a fetish to me. (Not all fetish/kink are sexual but most are) There’s obviously more to being a woman (cis/trans) than just wanting long hair, breasts and a hot figure. (MUCH more.) but if it’s a fetish there’s nothing wrong so long as it’s explored in a healthy way.