1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer as Folk (US). Fantastic or should I say Fabulous?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Maldoone, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't believe how much I'm enjoying Q as Folk and why I never found it before. Up to S1 E16 it's totally brilliant. Can't get enough of it and I hope the next four seasons are as good. Anyone else like this (now 20 years old...!) TV series and want to talk about it

2. Fiender

I have a weird relationship with this show, and it's kinda why I came back to Empty Closets after a long absence.

After coming out to my family and not being warmly accepted, I spotted a trailer for QaF while my mom was flicking through channels. Once she realized what the show was, she immediately changed it and forbade me from watching or talking about it. I only ever managed to catch a couple episodes, here and there, and never really watched it long-term. This would've been around the time the show was still airing new episodes, though I think it was almost about to end.

Last night, my ADHD ridden mind randomly flashed back to this show. I know it's probably not the kind of show I'd have the patience to actually watch these days, but I still love the idea of it, and how it made me feel. I read up on the show's overall synopsis and how it ends, and it made me very emotional despite not having actually watched all that much of it.

3. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I loved this show when it was on. I always rooted so much for Brian and Justin.

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watched when it first came out and it was about that period in my life. It was so exciting to recognize so many people I knew in the characters, to sort of see my life in a television program. Makes me smile just thinking about it.