1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. BonaDrag

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm the same- applying now and having to write abut why I'm great, but specifically in regards to teaching programs! You've got this Papaya! Always down to chat if you want to brainstorm some ideas ahah

2. Papaya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much!
    I don't have the greatest confidence in writing, especially when writing about myself.
    How can we get in contact?

3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking about when I went to hang out with a friend recently who I thought was straight, but we ended up fangirling about how attractive Kristen Stewart is together and it has come to my attention that I'm quite oblivious sometimes. :joy:

4. tidalpool127

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's nuts. Though, it does kinda make sense, since wolves, coyotes, and dogs are all in the Canis genus. Gray foxes are in a whole other genus, so I think we're safe from hybrids lol.

Right now I'm thinking that Hoo boy, this is the worst cold I've had in a long time. Dammit, I'm fully vaccinated but I think I'm going to have to go get tested tomorrow.

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dare I book a mini break to Iceland next year? Would love to go, but Covid infections are getting higher rather than lower in this crazy country.

6. Papaya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm thinking of how I hardly won't get any sleep today. I work from 10AM to 11AM and a meeting at 2PM to 3PM, and class from 4PM to 7PM, and tutoring from 7:30PM to 9:00PM.

7. Loves books

I think it’s cute. We don’t have a lot of wild animals, at least not dangerous ones. I’ve seen foxes, hares, pheasants and one deer I think was very very lost. We have badgers I’ve never seen and wild boars I’ve also never seen but that’s about it. They tried re-introducing eagles but they all got shot. The mentioned re- introducing wolves once but no one was keen.

8. tidalpool127

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We don't get a lot of dangerous wildlife here either except copperhead snakes, cottonmouth snakes near water, and maybe rabid animals like raccoons and foxes(both red like you get and gray). We do have black bears and coyotes in the area but usually they are rare to see. However deforestation and habit loss means we've been seeing more desperate bears and coyotes coming into urban environments to look for food in trash cans and such. I've never seen a bear or coyote in the city though, just in the mountains or rural woods. We also get bobcats but the only reported attacks are rabid ones. We used to have mountain lions/cougars but they are pretty much extinct in the southern Appalachians now.

Mainly, I see foxes, raccoons, opossums, and birds of prey like red-tailed hawks and barred owls where we are at.

9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Holy crap I haven't been on here in forever

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Iceland would make for a great mini break! Haven't been there myself yet but it's on my list of countries to visit, explore. :slight_smile:

11. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, it's good to see you.

12. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me: *Having an alright day*

Someone: *reminds me of how young I look*.

Me: dammit, I'm trying. Curse this baby face.

13. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have inverted the colours on my tablet and it’s great.

14. VreyIsGrey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Worried for the future...

15. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm thinking about a conversation I had with a gay guy recently. He was telling me about his celebrity crush and it was on such an average looking guy. I mean, beauty is subjective, but I thought he might've been pulling my leg on this one. So I asked him and it turned out he was being deadly serious and now I'm wondering if it's the fact I'm gay or if my friend just has terrible taste in men.

16. BonaDrag

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My life as a trans man! The other day someone asked me "what grade I was in".....I've graduated...university. *face palm*

I feel that! One day they will all be jealous of us baby-faced people when everyone looks older than they are and we are sitting there at 60 looking 30 :dark_sunglasses:

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The former, definitely

18. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Also, our tastes can change and develop over time... what we find attractive in our youth may hold very little appeal as we grow and mature. My tastes have changed considerably over the years. When I first came out I never imagined I would be attracted to guys in the bear community, but that's where I lean now.

19. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am thinking about, if I should do student exchange in the autumn next year. I think it would be okay, if it would be a month long exchange, longer than that, would be difficult, because I have to help out my parents. It would be great to get a new experience in another country, since I never have traveled and it would look good in my resume too. But worried about covid, worried about being able to handle living a month away in a foreign country. Thinking that maybe, if I come out of closet right before going to that trip, then they would be able to adjust to it all better, while I'm away.

#10019 Rayland, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  20. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reminds me of when I was oblivious to the fact that apparently most of the women in our course and a couple of the men were apparently crushing on this guy when I was a university student. We'd talked about project work together before but he didn't stand out to me. People would occasionally ask me if I knew what had happened to the hot guy and I'd wonder which guy they were going on about which was annoying to them because I was supposed to just know because apparently it was obvious. Yet people would drop out or skip lessons all the time so I didn't really keep a thorough track. My friends later claimed that he had a whole fan club going on. I'd like to think that I have a good sense for these things, I'm gay not blind, but I definitely missed the part that people were swooning over this guy.

That's true. I guess for me it's difficult because I don't always know if people are being sincere or sarcastically saying that they find someone attractive for a meme I don't know about. So I don't want to look like a fool by taking them seriously, but I don't want to come across as entirely dismissive either in case they are being serious. When it's a conventionally attractive male celebrity that people often fawn over then it's easier because then I know that it's likely sincere and I know the expected response.

I find that there are small things I can do to make myself look a bit older, such as changing the camera angle in pictures and fixing my posture. However, it can be difficult at times. Guesses range from 16 to early 20's (the latter being accurate). I'm trying different things, such as short hair and then growing out my hair to see if I look any older depending on hair length but it can be frustrating. Personally I'd like to experiment with more androgynous styles every now and then, but I don't want to look young. Sometimes I watch YouTube videos for advice on this.