1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women Social Skills - HF Autism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TGR682, Oct 7, 2021.

1. TGR682

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi all!
    I am a man considering becoming a trans woman, with High-Functioning Autism.
    I want to be in touch with women, whether they be trans or not, because I want to learn social skills. I hope this is the right place to post this...

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    TGR682.....You say that you are considering becoming a trans woman because you want to learn social skills. Do you have any dysphoria about any part of your body? Generally a person realizes that they are trans because they become so uncomfortable with their body that they finally realize that their brain/mind is a different gender than their body. It's a much more serious situation than a desire to learn social skills. Learning social skills is very important and people with Autism generally do have some challenges with this, but it normally isn't a good reason to decide that you are trans. You probable need to arrange to see a therapist and have a discussion with them about this. They could probably help you work out the best path to developing better social skills without the need to become trans.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!
    I agree with everything quebec said.
    Why do you say, that you are considering becoming a trans woman? Is there some other reason, than just learning social skills? Becoming trans is truly serious and really needs to be thought through very well. Is it really real you and does it makes you happy, because you don't want to regret it later. It's not also an easy thing to do. There are a lot of difficulties you might face in the future. Are you prepared for all that? There are different ways you can learn social skills and you don't need to become someone you are not in order to learn them. Of course I don't fully know your situation, but I just wanted to tell you that. Think it through very well. If you have any questions, then I am always happy to help out, if I can or just listen.

4. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't have to be trans to learn social skills. I'm autistic and went to a social skills group that really helped me. I have met trans people with autism but their autism isn't the reason they are trans. Are you unhappy with being a man? Do you feel like you were born in the wrong body?

5. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you saying you want to be trans to learn social skills? Or you are a trans woman who wants to learn social skills?
    I have non-verbal learning disorder so I can majorly relate with the social skills. It is really hard.

but as the others have said your disability does not make you trans or give you your sexuality.
    Unless I have misread the post I am sorry.