1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she sound interested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ameryllis, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just want an outsider to help me decipher if this girl I have been dating since mid June seems actually interested. She seems very interested to me, however I sent her a like "clear relationship-y" meme yesterday on Twitter and she hearted it but didn't respond and it's really scaring me We haven't defined our relationship yet because we're kinda long distance rn.

She shows a clear interest in my life, and after my dog passed away she sent me a long text paragraph that was so sweet it made me cry. She included that I could call her whenever and she would pick up, and that I could take as long as I needed to reply since she understood grief is so mentally draining, and that she was here for me through the whole thing. The next few days if I texted she would respond immediately, even though her text before she knew my dog passed she mentioned being super burnt out from school (she just started a masters.)

A few weeks ago I snapped her a cute date idea I thought of, and she reponded really enthusiastically "YES omg I'd be SO down!!", and then kept continuing the convo and eventually asked "Can we call soon? I miss you :slight_smile:"

After every date she texts me, usually something sweet, like after our videocall she texted me "Hey it was so nice to talk to you tonight! I just wanted to say goodnight " which made me smile.

We also have everything in common which is why I am so hooked on her, like we talked about how many animals we want when we are older and we both want three And we both want to live near the city, but in a more nature-y location.

I also asked her if she was interested in me because she would sometimes take a while to respond in the summer (she brought up later that it was stress/really bad mental health bc she was sorting things out for school). I brought up that I sometimes judge interest by texting and that I totally understood if she was too busy to date right now.

She responded that she loves going on dates with me and that she really wants to continue things, but that she wanted to hold off defining things until she found more of a routine with school, since she wasn't sure how often she would be able to visit/communicate.

Should I even be worried? Like this is too much work to put into someone you aren't into right?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It seems from this that she has defined what she wants right now. She cannot invest any more than she currently is, are you ok with keeping your relationship at this level for however long it takes her? If you need someone who is ready to commit to more right now she does not seem to be the right person.

There are people who are this way. She has explained that she has some issues, are you ok with being involved with someone who has those issues? They are not going to just go away.

An hour and 18 minutes is not that long to wait for an answer in a forum. Many people only log in once a day or even once a week.

Ameryllis and Lemony like this.
  3. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the answer. Sorry for boosting the post impatiently, I was quite stressed when I made this post.

I am okay waiting for her to make things official. We're long distance right now so it makes sense, since she mentioned not being sure how often she could visit.

I guess I just wanted confirmation from outsiders on if she seems interested?

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I’m sure you know, the only person that can answer that question is her.

From what you’ve posted, it seems that she has been honest and fair with you. She has told you what she is able to give to the relationship and (I think) indicated that her response times might be slow due to school commitments.

As @QuietPeace said above, all you can do is decide whether you want to continue with the relationship as it is. If the delayed response times and uncertainty are causing you stress, then it may worth taking some time to think on this.

QuietPeace and Ameryllis like this.