1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender confusion even though I'm close to figuring it out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Caden02, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Caden02

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. My name is Caden. I'm 19 years of age and I am expecting my first T blocker and/or Hormone day on 1/6/22.

I came here because of confusion over my Gender identity. Since I was a child I wanted to be a girl but it never became discomfort with the masculine parts up until I was 14 or 15 years old.

The thing is I feel confused. I don't understand. I tell myself
    " I am a woman. "
    The thing is I like that, but I feel confusion over it.
    Is this gender dysphoria?
    I can provide more examples.
    My testicles provide me anxiety sometimes.
    I shave my beard nearly daily.
    Without makeup my face doesn't always provide comfort.
    When I tell myself I'm a man I feel sick sometimes. Like gagging.
    So I'm just wondering, why do I not understand this and why even though I tell myself what I like, I still feel confusion over it?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

Everyone's experience of why they need to transition is different, in the end whether or not you need to do so and exactly what you need to do for it is up to you.

Liking it when we acknowledge ourselves or even euphoria when others acknowledge our true selves is often a better indicator than having dysphoria in our birth roles. Learning to fully accept it is a journey though.

This is an individual thing. I know a trans woman who is not medically transitioning and she keeps a beard. I on the other hand paid tens of thousands of dollars to get rid of my facial hair.

Again an individual thing. I rarely wear makeup at all. An AMAB person does not even need to be trans to wear makeup. If it is something that you like then do so. Exploring what makes you feel best about yourself is a good thing whether or not you transition.

This sounds to me like a very good indicator of someone who would do better living as a woman.

Having confusion and doubts early on is very common and does not mean that transition would be wrong for you.